Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being as that’s the second time you’ve posted that, pray tell when he actually said that?

If you could direct/ link us to actual quotes to that end it would be appreciated.

Curious minds and all that.

Appreciation in advance ta.
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/heysel-stadium-disaster-30-anniversary

Not Peter Robinson but a quote from your erstwhile chairman John Smith blaming it on Chelsea fans. So, for the avoidance of ambiguity (even though Robinson has at the very least said something along similar lines) do you agree with John Smith that Heysel was caused by Chelsea fans?

Henry Winter in yesterday's Times says Klopp's team deserve to win the PL title because "they have played the best and most attractive football". You could argue that the are the "best" in one sense this season by virtue of their points total.
Anyone who writes that they are the "most attractive" is talking rubbish.
(He also writes that Utd "deserve a shot at Champions League qualification".)
Er, why?
Did he have his 2 pence worth on the anniversary?

Well in that case he's absolutely wrong.
So it was a Liverpool fan firing a starting pistol at the ob . Problem with a lot on here is blinkered vision . Next thing you’ll be saying is city didn’t do that kind of thing when they went away . Watch the full heysel video and not just the bit about Liverpool fans before you comment fella .

Completely different eras.

You’re inadvertently making the point as much as you’re vainly trying to skit it mate It was totally out of place at the time.

Not least if all you’ve ever known to that point is our unique accent.

But this is a futile discussion. As was shown in not only the responses to myself, but the City admin over the ramshackle, unfit state of the ground, the narrative has been set and people won’t countenance any other factors.
You didn’t hear any different accents on the trip to Rome the year earlier? I’ll give you a clue - they tend to put an ‘a’ onto everything.

“You-a cheeky scousers-a are-a always-a causing-a the mischief-a.”

The mention of the Southern accents seems so out of place - such a minor moment on a night of tragedy but is mentioned nonetheless. It’s the same in KloppitE’s account. All the stuff to talk about on a day where you skip school to travel to a different country to watch your team in the European Cup final on a night that is ruined by violence to the extent that people lose their lives but accents on the boat are one of the things that you recall.

It’s truly bizarre that this minute detail seems to be slipped into people’s accounts of what happened. How many people went to Kiev or Madrid to support Liverpool over the past two years who didn’t have scouse accents? Are they not detected as long as the event passes without too much trouble?

I’m sure he doesn’t need me to defend him here but let me ask you this question; what was the first major final you attended as a football fan?

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/heysel-stadium-disaster-30-anniversary

Not Peter Robinson but a quote from your erstwhile chairman John Smith blaming it on Chelsea fans. So, for the avoidance of ambiguity (even though Robinson has at the very least said something along similar lines) do you agree with John Smith that Heysel was caused by Chelsea fans?

Thank you for the clarification.

Nowhere have I either laid the blame solely on any one factor or absolved our own part in that horrible day.

As you’ll find many Reds, if you spoke to them in person and not follow the madness of Twitter hits or the oft mentioned RAWK lunacy (which pertains to most any clubs fan sites), wouldn’t shy away from.

The mention of the Southern accents seems so out of place - such a minor moment on a night of tragedy but is mentioned nonetheless. It’s the same in KloppitE’s account. All the stuff to talk about on a day where you skip school to travel to a different country to watch your team in the European Cup final on a night that is ruined by violence to the extent that people lose their lives but accents on the boat are one of the things that you recall.

It’s truly bizarre that this minute detail seems to be slipped into people’s accounts of what happened. How many people went to Kiev or Madrid to support Liverpool over the past two years who didn’t have scouse accents? Are they not detected as long as the event passes without too much trouble?
Exactly - very common occurrence at Anfield so why would a game on the continent be any different?

To be fair mate, wouldn't that be you who has joined a rival fans forum to try and defend the actions of this particular tragedy?

I'm not up on the finer details as I was only born in '86, but Liverpools lack of acknowledgement down the years in relation to this is appalling (I immediately think back to the statement that was put out around one anniversary when you were playing Juventus which showed ZERO accountability).

As a fanbase, self awareness isn't one of your strong points but come on........

As I’m posting in the general section on a L’pool thread, and not venturing into the main City section, I didn’t see it as that mate per se. Shrugs.

If your reading of personal experience and the multitude of factors that contributed to Heysel was of me somehow ‘defending’ L’pool fans than something was BADLY lost in translation.

I couldn’t agree more with you as regards the P poor reaction from the football club over the intervening years. To turn around in 2005, when we finally encountered Juve again, and offer an ‘olive branch’ of friendship was two decades too late. Didn’t blame their supporters for turning their collective backs on it one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.