Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
anfield_3567917k-jpg.63507

those were the days - wishing for oil money from people who condone slavery ....club was formed by religious bigots who went on to be racist bigots in the British Union of Fascists. Most of their fanbase don't even know the 'istree of their club.
Image wont show unless you are a member of the forum.

My company is owned by equity owners, running a fairly similar business model to FSG (although a bit more strict). My budget is tied, short term, to EBITDA. I would love to work with employers that were willing to spend big, ignore EBITDA for a second and just look at long term success.

Don't understand why you are so defensive about city's net spend in terms of players in/out. Without those constant investments in the squad, The City Group wouldn't have reached success. You should point fingers and at FSG and the Glazers for using old school "milking" business model, allowing City to go from nowhere to domination in ten years.

Once again you are totally missing the point, whether deliberately or otherwise.

We are defensive about City's net spend a) because it's being used as a stick to beat us with, and b) because most of what is spouted about it is total and utter bollocks. Yes, our owners invested massively in the early years to get us to the position of being competitive and challenging for honours but the club has been run as a self-sustaining entity and has
been a profit making business for the last 4 or 5 years.

So "constant investments in the squad" is a complete fallacy - our purchases are now (and have been for a few years) funded by our revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.