Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you'd been following this thread, you'll know I noted that highly embarrassing night at Wigan where the club got it massively wrong.

Don't care for Evra. Don't care for Suarez. Both proven liars and glad the latter is out of our club and no longer our concern.

Nothing more to add on either as the current squad, bar one player, and football club come to that, bears no relation to that whole unsavoury incident.

here's a few more -

Formed in 1892 by people who hated Irish Catholics
Ban on all Irish Catholic players until the 1980s
Abused Mike Trebilcock as "Everton's n*gg*r" in the 1960s
Psychologically tortured Howard Gayle (Liverpool's first black player in the 1970s)
Tommy 'Anfield Iron' Smith' "I'd never allow me daughter to marry a C**n".
Kenny Dalglish as manager in the 1980s using a black counter on the white tactis board to denote John Barnes (the other players had red counters)
Murdered 39 Italians in 1985.
Suarez / Evra, Negrito / Uruguayan patois scandal 2011.
Tom Adeyemi in 2012 booed and called c**n by sections of the Kop.

Most clubs have managed a classy response which highlights their support, but then theres Liverpool and nobody takes tragic events and uses them for self promotion better than them
The whole thing is a massive publicity stunt for Liverpool and personally I would hate it if we did anything like that.

Christ. Let's go through every staff member whilst we're at it ay?

Kenny was totally wrong over the t-shirt disgrace. (Although I believe he was just standing by his player. The club and Moores and Parry at the time should have been the ones to totally shut everything down like Ferguson did Utd.). Throw Henderson in there for being part of that group who made that shockingly bad mistake that night.

But again, that was however many years ago and bears little relation to the here and now.

Unless we want to live in the past. Which ironically is something we get accused of doing down to the gap in league titles.

Can't have it all ways round.

But you said no one barring one player was associated with this? On another note was that the same group of fans who booed Patrice Evra that sit in the stadium now or have they all changed as well?

We should take an active part in training ex players in the art of punditry, polishing the rough edges of em, helping them out in any way we can. Dunney had a decent run on BT Sport but then seemed to fall by the wayside, Micah’s starting to get work now, Michael Brown does a lot of radio stuff, Lescott too has had decent exposure, Hinchy gets gigs as a co commentator. So we’re beginning to build a presence in the media although we need to up the numbers.

The problem for me is that they all seem almost frightened to be too pro City, I don’t know if the producers or whoever warn them beforehand but they don’t show anything like the same bias that all the ex scousers and rags do. Obviously in an ideal world we want some semblance of impartiality but it’s not an ideal world so we should fight fire with fire and put across pro city points forcefully.
Mica is well biased towards us, hes class, just says how it is

here's a few more -

Psychologically tortured Howard Gayle (Liverpool's first black player in the 1970s)
Kenny Dalglish as manager in the 1980s using a black counter on the white tactis board to denote John Barnes (the other players had red counters)
Great post

After the recent Manchester Derby, I'd swerve the racism angle but regardless, more so I'm lost for words at the depth of hatred to spin something like has been on here whilst it's gotten the praise it deserves elsewhere.

Players decide among themselves to send out a very powerful, heartfelt message. One that naturally needs to be photographed and put out there across all platforms to reach across the World. Which they all did on their social media platforms from where it was picked up and retweeted/ Instagrammed. (Is that a term? Shrugs.). But there's something ulterior and sinister in it as it's L'pool FC.

Okie dokey.

Moving on .....

Its a pity you don't move on.. Back to rawk
Im sure nobody will miss you

Most clubs have managed a classy response which highlights their support, but then theres Liverpool and nobody takes tragic events and uses them for self promotion better than them
The whole thing is a massive publicity stunt for Liverpool and personally I would hate it if we did anything like that.

I will make sure I buy some New Balance trainers and savers account with Standard Chartered to show my support for the movement.

here's a few more -

I'm not getting into a tawdry back and forth mate on football clubs and football fanbases ills as I'm not a 5-year-old. If that's your bag then fill your boots.

There is a few things there though that deserve picking up on that haven't been addressed over the past few days-

If you honestly believe what you've just posted on a ban on Irish Catholics, along with John Barnes, of all people, standing for that from Kenny (or that Dalglish would do that), then you're woefully ill-informed.

Suarez and more so Tommy Smith are despicable human beings though. As much as it was commonplace in the British society Smith grew up in, there's absolutely no excuse for him holding those views to his dying day and not evolving. And his treatment of Howie Gayle was a disgrace.

I certainly don't consider him any kind of Liverpool legend if that helps and feel ashamed we both come from the same City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.