Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
scousers2.jpg

One thing I really don't understand about The Athletic... Sam doing the City stuff, Rafa Honigstein, Ornstein, Pitt-Brookes all brilliant writers... then James bloody Pearce. Utter c**t
Simple economics, I guess. They claimed they would be different, but like so many media outlets will ultimately pander to their largest global audiences (i.e. Liverpool and United). Hence we get the likes of Pearce, Hughes and Andy Mitten serving up partisan, Pravda-esque shit, whilst subscriptions are cancelled at a rate of knots on the blue halves of Manchester and Merseyside.

Simple economics, I guess. They claimed they would be different, but like so many media outlets will ultimately pander to their largest global audiences (i.e. Liverpool and United). Hence we get the likes of Pearce, Hughes and Andy Mitten serving up partisan, Pravda-esque shit, whilst subscriptions are cancelled at a rate of knots on the blue halves of Manchester and Merseyside.
I only read the City (and a few NFL) articles, and they are very enjoyable and well written, though I don’t think I will be resubscribing when my current one runs out.

I would prefer Chelsea to be successful in signing Timo Werner.
My reasons being that he could bring the team back to being a serious title challenger
and that it stops the dippers from getting too strong, so that there is no chance of them running away with the title aver again.

The dippers wouldn’t pay his release clause, what happened to those record breaking profits they were bragging about?
I've been reading on Twitter LFC won't pay the fee because they feel it will break FFP in the future (related in reduction in income due to covid-19 pandemic).

I've been reading on Twitter LFC won't pay the fee because they feel it will break FFP in the future (related in reduction in income due to covid-19 pandemic).

If you are champions and you don’t strengthen things go stale. We’ve seen that in the past when City have had poor transfer windows after winning the league and finished miles off the season after.

If you are champions and you don’t strengthen things go stale. We’ve seen that in the past when City have had poor transfer windows after winning the league and finished miles off the season after.

I think we’ll definitely bring two or three in. Not arsed one bit who they are, if Klopp wants them, that’s good enough for me. That Werner looks half decent, but does too much yapping in the press for my liking. Don’t see too many big fees happening this summer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.