Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called VAR and the plan of the premier league to have different winners every few years

VAR doesn't fully explain why teams are not taking points off of them when they should be. What this is alluding to is they have massively over-performed. This was the same story last season. The question we have to find an answer to is why are they not getting punished by the opposition like we are? Take Chelsea for example. They took their chances well against us, but they lot 1-2 in the same fixture against Liverpool despite being ahead of them on xG. The data shows the difference between the two teams is how well the opposition takes their chances against them. For some reason they are scoring more than they should against us.

A curious comment by the NBC commentator just after the pen went in:
"Liverpool winning shows anyone can win the PL as shown by 5 clubs now have won it in the last 8 years. No one dominates'. Hmmm. I thought about that:
2012 City
2013 rags
2015 Chelsea
2016 Leicester
2017 Chelsea
2020 Liverpool

So he's right about the 5 clubs but filling in the blanks shows a very different situation.

I checked out dates for the list of winners now 7 in its entire life but l was not surprised to see that worldfootball.net list pl winners not in the normal historical way of oldest first but back to front with the Ñivea Boys on top of the tree. A new way to rewrite history?
Perhaps next seasons fixtures can start with the May ones and work back to whenever the wankfest starts again?

What is happening in the rest of the world. I daren't look or listen.

Last edited:
I live in Ireland. And anyone who has relatives over here, or have been over on their holidays in the past can confirm that the country is awash with rags and mickeys, most of whom couldn't find Liverpool or Greater Manchester on a map.
Yeh fully aware of that - just didn't realise it was classed as PPE is all.......

You know what, it actually looks like he jumped!

*edit* some suggesting he passed away? Anyone aware or is this not true? RIP if so, a horribly embarrassing way to go.

I tried googling 'liverpool fan dies falling' and got several hits including some guy who fell on his model of anfield and bled to death, another who fell onto his head after trimming a tree, a Wirral fireman who feel off a ladder and another fan who fell off a ladder whilst painting, all in 2020 alone.
It's been their only way of getting to the top for 30 years

VAR doesn't fully explain why teams are not taking points off of them when they should be. What this is alluding to is they have massively over-performed. This was the same story last season. The question we have to find an answer to is why are they not getting punished by the opposition like we are? Take Chelsea for example. They took their chances well against us, but they lot 1-2 in the same fixture against Liverpool despite being ahead of them on xG. The data shows the difference between the two teams is how well the opposition takes their chances against them. For some reason they are scoring more than they should against us.
Poor defending by us and to be honest with all Edersons benefits he is not a world class shot stopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.