Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
from RAWK.

still banging on about the parade.

I thought they showed a lot of respect to the people of Manchester by not clogging up their city for hours on end with their parade, not like Liverpool and the 750,000 who turned out to see them parade their 6th European Cup, couldn't go anywhere for 5 or 6 hours, inconsiderate bastards

lol. official population of Liverpool 511k. so apart from every Everton fan 200k others made their way there that day.

ha ha, thick fucks.

from RAWK.

I thought they showed a lot of respect to the people of Manchester by not clogging up their city for hours on end with their parade, not like Liverpool and the 750,000 who turned out to see them parade their 6th European Cup, couldn't go anywhere for 5 or 6 hours, inconsiderate bastards

lol. official population of Liverpool 511k. so apart from every Everton fan 200k others made their way there that day.

ha ha, thick fucks.
You can bet whoever posted has never been to the UK let alone Liverpool.

from RAWK.

ha ha, thick fucks.
Well you are wrong. The whole world was trying to get there to see Dippers parade. I am surprised it's just 750k. People from the US and Canada were trying to flock there immediately after they won the CL. They are the people's club after all.

from RAWK.

ha ha, thick fucks.

I have it on good authority that Dublin and Norway were empty that day.

You are absolutely correct, if you look at total earnings from the different competitions (£149 vs ~£110). But the Premier League position really isn't that important in terms of direct revenue.

Liverpool earned £1.5m more than Manchester City in the Premier League, despite being 2nd. (£149m vs £147.5m) source
Tottenham, at 4th, are only £6m behind the Champions.

In Champions League, the price money increases drastically the longer you stay in it. But the direct money is secondary in the long run, the Champions League is worth so much more in terms of global exposure. It is the jackpot in terms of expanding and increasing revenue on a global market. It is also an key when negotiating sponsor deals and to attract players.
You won't get much more from the CL I'm afraid. We won as many games and Spurs also reached the final.

Let's face reality here, we are NEVER going to be the media's blue-eyed boys: the rags, the dippers and -to a lesser extent- Spurs, will always occupy those positions. Whatever we have achieved in the past, and whatever we achieve in the future, we will never get even 5% of the fawning adulation the 'glory' clubs get from the tabloids and the likes of Sky and BT, and also the Beeb.

We had the temerity, the sheer effrontery, to come along and put the rags' noses out of joint - a major sin in the eyes of the British media. Roberto Mancini had the impudence to not only stand up to that snarling, rancid, despotic bully, but to also get the better of him - repeatedly. Something the likes of Slug Custis and his parasitical mates will never forgive us for.

And I am loving every bastard nanosecond of it. Second only to the trophies we have amassed, and the scintillating football we have played in order to win those said trophies, second only to that is the fact that the media in this country are being made to look like the unethical, biased, amateur hacks we've always known they are.

Spot on. After England lionesses went out of the WC tonight and with the cricket boys looking a bit dodgy the scousers are back to ‘their rightful place’ as favourites for BBC SPOTY team of the year ;-)

If only there was a method to determine who was the best team at the end of the season, I'm sure someone will come up with one some day.
We should have a league of say 20 teams and award 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss. We all play each other twice, once at home and once away. The team with the most points at the end of the 'season's wins a shiny cup with a gold crown. Anyone below them are losers because they didnt get enough points for the shiny cup. Revolutionary I know, but I think it has legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.