Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing though, those things keep happening over and over again to the point where it's now routine. It's showing no signs of abating - we said the same thing last year and it didn't happen. It seems to have doubled this year, whilst it's hard to argue that we haven't regressed a bit so far from where we were last year.

Looking at it as rationally as possible, I think they will hit 100 points this year. In that case it would mean we only afford to drop six points from here on in. Six, with 27 games remaining. Do you see that as realistic, all things considered?.

You clearly didn't see last season where they started drawing games they were winning earlier in the season. How is it rational they will hit 100 points when they have never done it before and only one team has in PL history? If Mane or VVD get injured for a period of time, I reckon they will struggle to hit 90 points. And if we happen to turn them over at Anfield next week, I think they will be scared shitless.

The big 6 thing is a Sky/BT Sport click-bait. United are beyond shit and Arsenal are a joke. No way either is among the best 6 in the country. That said, your schedule has been tougher than ours and you have done well to be 6 pts clear, albeit inflated by the usual dodgy penalties and other strange decisions.

Also not sure what you mean by 6 opponents left to play. After this match + 6 more, both teams will have played 18 games. Has there been some unbeknownst rule change that the PL trophy gets awarded at that point? I wouldn't put it past the FA but it would be news to me.
Liverpool always win the league in December. Shame the trophy is handed out in May.

Tend to agree that your ‘attacking style’ will suit us better than teams sitting back and defending as we saw yesterday. My big worry is our defence which will struggle against your hoof ball tactics, but if we win 9-8 I really don’t give a shit ;) As long as it is a fairly reffed game with no controversial shit, may the best team win.
Glad you agree that Airhead is a pain in the arse!

That's a bit harsh, @Airvent isn't the biggest twat to post on here , close perhaps but not quite ..............

You clearly didn't see last season where they started drawing games they were winning earlier in the season. How is it rational they will hit 100 points when they have never done it before and only one team has in PL history? If Mane or VVD get injured for a period of time, I reckon they will struggle to hit 90 points. And if we happen to turn them over at Anfield next week, I think they will be scared shitless.

Because they hit 97 last season and they seem to be even better/luckier/hungrier than then, given they're on 10 wins and one draw?. Plus, the teams they lost or drew to are comparatively weaker (Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, Us, Everton) except for Leicester. They've already beaten Chelsea away where they drew last season.

..... and there it is, the voice of reason.

Absolutely nailed it. I've been saying similar for some time now. You know it makes me smile when I hear the likes of Sly Sports and the BBC (bless them) when they come out with "Liverpool restore their six point lead over Manchester City"

Restore? What happened to their eight points lead? Oh! Yes, that's right they dropped two bollocks to arguably the worst rag side since the dippers actually won their last league title.

Your spot on Klopp and his durable eleven strong team are the worst front runners in the game and we're the worst team on the planet to be up against in a title challenge.

Highlighting where we've dropped points, Man Utd came out and attacked us and maybe Klopp wasn't expecting that since we looked lost in the first half. I imagine City will do the same next week.

If we win next Sunday, (don't think that'll happen), it's 9 points clear of you with the same games played. Still early days but last year's run in would've given Liverpool a bit of mental strength. Far from over but I don't think 9 points adrift is relaxing territory. More like squeaky bum time. I'd take a draw right now.

Totally agree with your last point. Worst team to be up against in a title challenge. We, on the other hand, are the best team to be up against in a title challenge.

What does "6 opponents left to play" mean - and what is the special significance of next 6? You scousers (or wherever in the world you're from) always shoot your load prematurely
That has no special significance FFS.

What does "6 opponents left to play" mean - and what is the special significance of next 6? You scousers (or wherever in the world you're from) always shoot your load prematurely

6 opponents left to play:- After we’ve faced each other we both have 6 teams left who we haven’t faced yet this season, as listed.

mmmm I would say City are one of the best to have graced Europe but I fail to see how you could say this present dipperpool team are. They arent a patch on the best RM, or Barca teams. They lost 4 and drew one to win the champs league something great teams dont do , lose that many times.
I think you need to watch more champions league and look into its history RM have won it for fun were as dipperpool have won it the same about of times as you have fingers on one hand ....
They are deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.