Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or clubs could decline to enter meaningless competitions which are no more than vanity excercises and cash machines for the organising authorities .

But perhaps the dipper fans want the club being known as " World Royalty " so long as they win the hollow award ?

The problem with FIFA is tha they punish clubs if they don't play along. I'm pretty sure Liverpool will field a b-team in the world Cup of clubs...or whatever it's called.

I think it is probably time clubs start getting together to complain about the PL putting the players and match going fans at least level with the Broadcasters/TV audience in importance. Expecting it to happen mid season for special treatment for you and nobody else is not the right way to go about it though. I hope anyway because they've told City to like it or lump it and City have had to get on with it for a couple of seasons now. So if Liverpool get a different answer that would be preferential treatment.

Go forward in to next season though, if players start burning out, it will start to affect the quality of the "product" they want to sell. It could possibly shorten their playing careers too, through wear and tear without the right rest and more frequent injuries. Put it to a vote, ask the players and the physios from each club what they feel about it and agree on a new set of guidelines.
Is it this winter we have a break? that will help,there is so much money and i reckon corruption in football i don't ever see a time when the players and fans needs are taken into consideration,they don't care about players getting injured through burnout because it all adds into the soap opera that is the prem,they want the stories to change as many times as possible to keep the brand entertaining,as for the supporters,they have never cared about them,the hammering ours got in the media for not going to every single game of 4 comps right into april was ridiculous,our fans are not made of money let alone the time for 3 games a week every week

Does anyone know how many games City would have played last season if we wouldn’t have gifted Spurs the CL QF and gone on to beat Ajax in the CL SF, and played Littlewoods in the CL final?

There’s truth in the too much football claim tbh, even if big teeth is raising it. It only really kicks in if you are a really big club though. Price of success.

I think the carabao has been decent entertainment tbf. The fifa club World Cup seems to me to be a bit shit and just a moneyspinner

There’s truth in the too much football claim tbh, even if big teeth is raising it. It only really kicks in if you are a really big club though. Price of success.

I think the carabao has been decent entertainment tbf. The fifa club World Cup seems to me to be a bit shit and just a moneyspinner

No, they’re already claiming Liverpool will be the best team in the World when they win the FIFA World Club tournament.

All off football will have to go through another period of Littlwoods fans gloating about their team and club.

Prepare yourself.

The problem with FIFA is tha they punish clubs if they don't play along. I'm pretty sure Liverpool will field a b-team in the world Cup of clubs...or whatever it's called.

The rags pulled out of the fa cup as I recall in order to take part in the shit competition . If it is so important to Liverpool ( for vanity yet fake bragging rights I suspect ) they could have made the same decision or are clubs obliged to take part in every competition run by their football authorities ?

Check the game schedule City were committed to last season when competing in all domestic competitions and the CL , it's what successful teams have to deal with, even if the schedule is ridiculous .

The problem is that Liverpool seemingly want everything worked in their favour, even if others have just got on with it, whatever the outcome . It's another example of their " entitled attidude " in my opinion .

The rags pulled out of the fa cup as I recall in order to take part in the shit competition . If it is so important to Liverpool ( for vanity yet fake bragging rights I suspect ) they could have made the same decision or are clubs obliged to take part in every competition run by their football authorities ?

Check the game schedule City were committed to last season when competing in all domestic competitions and the CL , it's what successful teams have to deal with, even if the schedule is ridiculous .

The problem is that Liverpool seemingly want everything worked in their favour, even if others have just got on with it, whatever the outcome . It's another example of their " entitled attidude " in my opinion .

But, but, they are ‘Self proclaimed’ European Royalty.

See we have a derby match at the swamp coming up. Then we play Chelsea the day after at Wembley. May get a result at the cycle rack but, I think Keith Hackets reffing at Wembley . May lose that by the odd goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.