Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there Coutinho! What a difference 1.5 years can make, wouldn't you agree?

Coutinho was a stupid purchase by Barca imo as he was massively over-hyped ( like a number of dipper players ) who was nowhere near worth the price paid. A desperation purchase after Neymar fucked off to PSG.

He disappeared from games too often and was always a " luxury player " , especially when the dippers weren't on top.

Dippers actually improved without him .

As a long time fan boy of Klopp, I am also interested to see what will happen. He has had the years to get rid of players that didn't fit, had had recruited wisely and developed own products. Now he finally has a team that is his. And unlike Dortmund, Liverpool is finally in a position where they won't have to sell.

I think FSG is extremely pleased with the transfer strategy where Liverpool manage to sell academy players and dead weight for a good profit, and manage to balance cost/profit of incoming/outgoing players. As shown here.

They can show a very, very strong growth together with an extremely impressive EBITDA. Basically meaning the value of the club/company is sky rocketing while they can sit back and collect huge winnings each season.

I don't see how FSG would profit or benefit from a Salah or Mané sale.
I am sure Liverpool's owners and fans are very content. I would be.

Next season is another season though, and Liverpool need to improve their squad.

Coutinho was a stupid purchase by Barca imo as he was massively over-hyped ( like a number of dipper players ) who was nowhere near worth the price paid. A desperation purchase after Neymar fucked off to PSG.

He disappeared from games too often and was always a " luxury player " , especially when the dippers weren't on top.

Dippers actually improved without him .
Indeed it is perhaps an indication of just how much Liverpool fans(many of which are journos and pundits) overrate their own players. Obviously Coutinho is still a good player but how good they rate their players is almost always way over the top with them(ie way more than the norm at any other club).

Some players ride the wave of hype and once moved on for an inflated fee, simply nose dive when they are in a club where they are judged on their actual merits and contributions. Personally I believe Sterling experienced this when he moved to City but he was young enough to make good on his potential, many blamed Pellers for the dip in his form but I think he just still had a lot to learn when he moved to City. Pep improved him further still from the first season he arrived. He's so much better now for not needing to ride the dipper hype wave, not needing smoke blown up his arse to play well.

With Coutinho I seem to remember they were touting him as the best player in the league and they were constantly trying to put him over the likes of David Silva in midfield even for creativity(shooting I'd agree, we've never relied on David for goals though). I think it's safe to say that was all bullshit now just as we told them back then.

Currently beating Tranmere 6 0 last goal scored by some kid they have brought through their academy name of Duncan anyone heard of him?
Apparently related to slippy G.

Indeed it is perhaps an indication of just how much Liverpool fans(many of which are journos and pundits) overrate their own players. Obviously Coutinho is still a good player but how good they rate their players is almost always way over the top with them(ie way more than the norm at any other club).

Some players ride the wave of hype and once moved on for an inflated fee, simply nose dive when they are in a club where they are judged on their actual merits and contributions. Personally I believe Sterling experienced this when he moved to City but he was young enough to make good on his potential, many blamed Pellers for the dip in his form but I think he just still had a lot to learn when he moved to City. Pep improved him further still from the first season he arrived. He's so much better now for not needing to ride the dipper hype wave, not needing smoke blown up his arse to play well.

With Coutinho I seem to remember they were touting him as the best player in the league and they were constantly trying to put him over the likes of David Silva in midfield even for creativity(shooting I'd agree, we've never relied on David for goals though). I think it's safe to say that was all bullshit now just as we told them back then.

Merlin just supplies them for others to score.

Merlin just supplies them for others to score.
Yep he has said he prefers to provide the assists, I seem to recall. If he was more arrogant and selfish for the praise, I've no doubt he would have taken far more shots and scored way more. He'd have focused more of his training towards it and backed himself more as the goals tallied up. He's never had a bad shot on him, he's just hesitant with it at times.

Currently beating Tranmere 6 0 .
Things you won’t be hearing:
Have they no shame, fancy beating a team 6-0...surely they should stop at 4... it’s making a mockery of the friendly, won’t someone think of the tranmere children, it’s not a competition anymore, how much more did their squad cost in comparison, there bench cost more than the entire oppositions players... etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.