Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, as football fans we all do it to a certain extent: project ourselves onto our clubs and associate ourselves with their success when it comes along, when in truth we’ve had little meaningful impact into the outcome; but there have to be sensible limits to that - and the truth is only a Liverpool fan could fail to appreciate where that line is to such a conspicuous extent.They possess a lack of self-awareness that sets them apart from the rest of the football supporting world. They genuinely believe their club contains this unique force that sets it apart from all others.

It’s been said by others that the club displays many of the characteristics of a cult, and that’s certainly correct, but that’s more a reflection on the collective of their support - I think it’s equally worth observing that individually they have a greater proportion of supporters that (putting it as kindly as I can) display discernible mental deficiencies, usually borne from crushing insecurity, and the FKW medal manifestation has to be the exemplar of that.

Like I said, something to be pitied, not reviled.

You mean like this lot ?
cc1ac25b2da0b9ca04845da44b4a87a9.gif

The Echo is a doomed newspaper with one of the biggest circulation declines in the UK press. It's now selling 26,600 copies a day in a metro area of more than 1m people (Merseyside). Its owners (Reach) have just announced 550 job cuts. Everton fans don't buy it and neither do many local Liverpool fans with those figures. People can see through its clickbait garbage.
They’d probably sell a lot more if they cut out the job adverts.

Radio gold, this morning.

The brilliant Ken Bruce's Popmaster had a "match going" dipper as a contestant. I'm pleased to say he got roundly thrashed, and then spent most of his "sign off" time making excuses as to why he didn't win. At one stage, I was convinced he was going to blame Chelsea fans.

Self important twat
I heard him too but I thought he was telling porkies when he said he was "working from home".

When he said he "goes when he can", that's dipper speak for, I lost interest when we weren't winning but I go to the odd game now we're competitive and walk around the house wearing full kit and fake medal.

I thought he was going to demand a publically funded enquiry into the miscarriage of justice which resulted in him losing on Popmaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.