Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe people were genuinely discussing klopp in the same breath as pep.

they aren’t even close in ability. Pep is, always has been, and probably will always be one of the greatest managers.

klopp is the king of smash and grab, I hope others see that now
Where, IMO, klopp has always fell short is the way he threw the cups.

top, top coaches want to win the lot. They may play weakened teams and rotate for the cups but desire to win them is still there.
Pep, wenger, GPC, they all won league and FA cups alongside the league because they are winners.
klopp falls short, not quite in that section and cant cope on all fronts

I can’t believe people were genuinely discussing klopp in the same breath as pep.

they aren’t even close in ability. Pep is, always has been, and probably will always be one of the greatest managers.

klopp is the king of smash and grab, I hope others see that now

Can you imagine the abuse Pep would get if he couldnt be bothered to turn up for a fa tie ? Yet klopp got a free pass again.

I think Klopp's a really great manager. I quite dislike his antics, especially when they score, but he is top quality and Liverpool 18-20 were a great team.

To denigrate the quality of our main opponent, i.e. of Klopp and Liverpool, is to denigrate our own greatness as a team. Our title win in 18/19 was special because Liverpool were pretty strong. Pep doesn't exaggerate when he says they are one of the strongest teams he has met. It's a fact that makes our success sweeter.

I think Klopp's a really great manager. I quite dislike his antics, especially when they score, but he is top quality and Liverpool 18-20 were a great team.

To denigrate the quality of our main opponent, i.e. of Klopp and Liverpool, is to denigrate our own greatness as a team. Our title win in 18/19 was special because Liverpool were pretty strong. Pep doesn't exaggerate when he says they are one of the strongest teams he has met. It's a fact that makes our success sweeter.
Absolutely this. BUT he should be regarded also for his behaviour. His words towards our own club. Compare and contrast to Pep's respect to our opponents.

Winning one domestic trophy in 5 years should never be the metric of the measure for a "Great manager" mate, he's not managing Leicester he's managing the scousers.

Winning one domestic trophy in 5 years should never be the metric of the measure for a "Great manager" mate, he's not managing Leicester he's managing the scousers.

And rags say that winning *only* domestic trophies is not enough to be considered great, that Pep has been a failure because he hasn't even reached CL semis, something that even Pellers did.

That's absolute petty bollocks on rags' part. Klopp"s Liverpool won 196 pts over 2 seasons, Ferguson and Wenger and even Mourinho were never close to such numbers. Let's not be petty. Leave that privilege to rags and scousers. To denigrate Klopp as a manager is to denigrate Pep's/our success.

Last edited:

Indeed.

In terms of quality of coaching, football, players; Liverpool were a fantastic team from 2018-2020. Yet we beat them to the title in one of those years after getting 100 Points the year before, breaking records all over the place, which means we were even better and than that fanatic team of theirs. That makes our achievements a higher standard because they were such a great side.

The problem lies with them with the moaning **** in the dugout, sly comments coming from their bench (Lampard called them out on it), screaming down the ear hole of players taking a shot, studs up challenges seemingly every other week that go unpunished, diving like no tomorrow and barely anyone (well done Sounness for doing so) calling them out on it, a manager who acts the **** in interviews (remember that one after an Everton game where he said “we may as well end the interview because I only want to talk to people who know something about the game”?), running on the pitch to celebrate a late winner (imagine the backlash if Pep did that!), his comments after the CAS win “this is a bad day for football”!, their fans acting like cunts all the time... detracts from the quality of football they’ve played so we don’t take them as seriously or we play down how good they are... but they were brilliant for a couple of years.

We were better, mind!

The drop off in form started before lockdown.

They were hammered 3-0 by Watford and were eliminated from the Champions League by Atletico Madrid.
I had forgotten that mate, good point. Still doesn’t change my opinion that we could well have clawed back our title if lockdown had happened a month or two earlier.

I think he is entitled to be regarded as a great manager regardless of trophies. After all, he won those trophies with what is effectively a mid-table team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.