Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the mass generalisation and the refusal to read posts accurately. Klopp the manager does get some credit,
Klopp the man - understandably less so.

But football is about the present and his stategegy of flogging exhausted players, not competing in domesric cups, not having adequate back ups and playing a route one style that is getting found out, are areas of valid criticism.

Mourinho has had his successes in the past too - but is a washed out has been now. Can he be criticised for his managerial style or should we simply marvel at his past.

This is a really bizarre comment. We're talking about if he's a great manager, nothing to do with "the man".

Thinking football is only about the present is the kind of thinking that had you posting that we should sack Guardiola in September. You don't become a bad manager over night, Pep didn't, and Klopp hasn't, 7 months removed from an incredible league title win.

Mourinho's not 6 months, but 6 years removed from his last title, and you can argue he's not what he was - but you'd be a fool to argue he's not going to go down as one of the greatest managers of the last 50 years.

With love from RAWK xxxx

mate, everyone's x-rayed you....you've come on here with this bleating, chipped-up dickhead post because you - like all City fans - know that beneath the nouveau riches and worthless tin-pots you're still the joke of a club who were relegated in 1996 (after hilariously keeping the ball at 2-2 in your final game against Liverpool at Maine Rd because Alan Ball had told the players a draw would do
;D
)...still the joke of a club who spent 2 seasons in the second tier before dropping into the third tier Nationwide League Two and losing to York City at Bootham Crescent...still the joke of a club who were knocked out of the Auto Windscreens Shield by Mansfield Town in front of 3,000 fans at Maine Road in 1998, the night before Man Utd played Bayern Munich in the Champions League......still the joke of a club who know that whatever they do they'll always be in the shadow of their red neighbours, let alone earning the worldwide respect and admiration enjoyed by the Red juggernaut up the East Lancs. Now get back in your fuckin box and just accept that all you'll ever be is a Coronation Street Chelsea after Stan Ogden has had a win on the pools.
But they don’t care about us !!!

This is a really bizarre comment. We're talking about if he's a great manager, nothing to do with "the man".

Thinking football is only about the present is the kind of thinking that had you posting that we should sack Guardiola in September. You don't become a bad manager over night, Pep didn't, and Klopp hasn't, 7 months removed from an incredible league title win.

Mourinho's not 6 months, but 6 years removed from his last title, and you can argue he's not what he was - but you'd be a fool to argue he's not going to go down as one of the greatest managers of the last 50 years.
Clearly got too much time on your hands - but well researched (shame you don't allow others the benefit of looking back at your pearls of wisdom) and I admit I was having doubts.
Given that it is as you say "7 months removed from an incredible league title win" you'd have thought the drop off wouldn't have been so great.

Last edited:

It’d be interesting to know how Mourinho is ranked by Chelsea fans as he’s been a bit of a prick of a man.
Time heals as they say, so I suspect all the great managers will be acknowledged as such even by opposing fans.
I suspect when Ferguson heads to the pearly gates, there will be many blues acknowledging his achievements, but sti

With love from RAWK xxxx

mate, everyone's x-rayed you....you've come on here with this bleating, chipped-up dickhead post because you - like all City fans - know that beneath the nouveau riches and worthless tin-pots you're still the joke of a club who were relegated in 1996 (after hilariously keeping the ball at 2-2 in your final game against Liverpool at Maine Rd because Alan Ball had told the players a draw would do
;D
)...still the joke of a club who spent 2 seasons in the second tier before dropping into the third tier Nationwide League Two and losing to York City at Bootham Crescent...still the joke of a club who were knocked out of the Auto Windscreens Shield by Mansfield Town in front of 3,000 fans at Maine Road in 1998, the night before Man Utd played Bayern Munich in the Champions League......still the joke of a club who know that whatever they do they'll always be in the shadow of their red neighbours, let alone earning the worldwide respect and admiration enjoyed by the Red juggernaut up the East Lancs. Now get back in your fuckin box and just accept that all you'll ever be is a Coronation Street Chelsea after Stan Ogden has had a win on the pools.

He's just described exactly why I love City lol. We wear that shit with pride. Just to add:-

"let alone earning the worldwide respect and admiration enjoyed by the Red juggernaut up the East Lancs."

Heysel and 5 year European ban doesn't earn you worldwide respect and admiration you clown, its quite the opposite.

I'll take Mansfield and York over your God complex of a club any day.

I popped onto rawk this morning to have a laugh at the panic and conjecture over their changing room tussle and found this little gem in their Man City thread.
No clue as to which blue posted it but well done fella!
Great find OPB and well done for screenshotting it for posterity. I bet it was removed within a couple of minutes of being posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.