Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Today sees the launch of the club's next brand theme - WALK ON. Inspired by the lyrics of YNWA and taking inspiration from The Liverpool Way, the theme centres around our forward-facing belief, that no matter what comes our way, good or bad, we continue to push forward… we look to the future together with hope… we carry on… we go again… we WALK ON.'

jizzle2 hours ago
We're not just a football team, we are a cult (fixed)

I just had a little bit of sick in my mouth watching that absolute cack.

'Today sees the launch of the club's next brand theme - WALK ON. Inspired by the lyrics of YNWA and taking inspiration from The Liverpool Way, the theme centres around our forward-facing belief, that no matter what comes our way, good or bad, we continue to push forward… we look to the future together with hope… we carry on… we go again… we WALK ON.'

jizzle2 hours ago

Subtitles ?

I just hope they don't get Madrid or Porto, reckon anyone else likely to be in the draw knocks them out. Even Porto would have a decent chance.
I could also see them beating dortmund too, hopefully we don't have to worry about them for much longer in this competition but the concern is there.

I could also see them beating dortmund too, hopefully we don't have to worry about them for much longer in this competition but the concern is there.
Nah, Dortmund would take that defence to shreds, especially if they've Guerrero and Sancho back.

In the musical "Carousel", this song is attempting to comfort to the protagonist "Julie". She is now "Alone" because her husband Billy Bigelow has just topped himself after a bungled armed robbery.

Simply under the lights at anfield they thought they would win but no it didn't happen so now look to blame someone
Bang on. The mayor could have stopped the match but he didn't, yet now wants to blame the government. The club could have asked uefa but they didn't. As usual it is someone else's fault.
I chose to go to Wembley, if I had caught Covid the only one I could blame was me.

jizzle2 hours ago

Why are the ladies team there? We all stand together? Ladies team was underfunded and left to rot

Where the staff standing together on Furlough?

I went to Wembley on the 1st March and by then people were talking about the virus, cases were increasing in this country and I know it was on my mind but I still went as at that time I considered the risks small.

Go forward to the 11th March and the situation was noticeably more serious. People who had a choice were starting to avoid crowded places, alter their behaviour and becoming more cautious. The majority weren't waiting for the buffoon in charge to tell them what to do, they'd seen the virus devestating Europe and now it was here.The man who died was 70 years old I believe, so at a higher risk and he certainly had a choice to attend the game or not. I'm not sure if there was absolute proof he caught the virus at the game but by attending he would have increased his risk.

Where danger to health is involved people have to evaluate the risks to themselves and make their choices. Climbing mountains is dangerous so I choose not to do it. If however I did and fell injuring myself I wouldn't blame the government for not banning mountain climbing.

I'm sorry the man died but for his family to blame the government is a bit rich. Yes the government should have acted more quickly on a lot of things with hindsight, but people who knew the risks, had a choice but went ahead anyway knowing those risks, have nobody to blame but themselves.
I have family who are season ticket holders at Goodison and at risk. They decided not to go when fans were allowed in. It's sad that the man died, but going to a football match during a pandemic is not a good idea.

And yeah, Liverpool underfunded their women's team, and they're a league below us now. Which means I won't get to see our women's team beat them in a derby. :( I was going to see them at Goodison but it got cancelled because of Storm Ciara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.