Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went the previous year. It’s hard to think of a sporting event on the planet better designed to spread a highly contagious deadly virus that frequently displays asymptotically. Absolute madness it went ahead.
People here were fairly pissed off the the government allowed residents to travel over to it and return at the time. Fairly sure anyone that went and caught COVID and tried to blame anyone but themselves would be laughed at and told to cop on though. We all knew the risks at the time.

People here were fairly pissed off the the government allowed residents to travel over to it and return at the time. Fairly sure anyone that went and caught COVID and tried to blame anyone but themselves would be laughed at and told to cop on though. We all knew the risks at the time.
I remember getting a train from Cardiff to Birmingham on the Wednesday and a load of people got off at Cheltenham, including the highly attractive girl in her early twenties who was sat opposite me - and I remember remarking to myself ‘no chance’ (in both respects!) Whenever the subject has come up I’ve wondered if she caught it there.

People knew the risks at the time, and need to take responsibility for their actions, but the authorities should have called it off.

I remember getting a train from Cardiff to Birmingham on the Wednesday and a load of people got off at Cheltenham, including the highly attractive girl in her early twenties who was sat opposite me - and I remember remarking to myself ‘no chance’ (in both respects!) Whenever the subject has come up I’ve wondered if she caught it there.

People knew the risks at the time, and need to take responsibility for their actions, but the authorities should have called it off.
They should have, agreed, think we'd already called off our six nations game against Italy at the time with lower numbers (although we still ended up with 10k Italian fans in Dublin for the weekend). Nobody was forced to go though.

They should have, agreed, think we'd already called off our six nations game against Italy at the time with lower numbers (although we still ended up with 10k Italian fans in Dublin for the weekend). Nobody was forced to go though.
I get blaming the authorities when the risk is not widely disseminated, and especially if the level of risk has been downplayed by the authorities, but everyone knew or ought to have known the risks at the time. This prevailing culture of seeking to displace blame extraneous to self really gets on my fucking tits. Have some fucking self respect, grow a backbone, and own your fucking mistakes.

I get blaming the authorities when the risk is not widely disseminated, and especially if the level of risk has been downplayed by the authorities, but everyone knew or ought to have known the risks at the time. This prevailing culture of seeking to displace blame extraneous to self really gets on my fucking tits. Have some fucking self respect, grow a backbone, and own your fucking mistakes.

i blame social media ;)

There was a fire at our women's stadium. I really, really hope it wasn't kopites starting it. I mean, it could have just been a bunch of twats causing mischief, but I wouldn't put it past Liverpool fans to do a shitty thing like that.

Great post!

I can’t stand it when people blame anyone and everyone else before or in place of themselves. Or excuse themselves of their actions because of others. Especially those who blame or use entire entities, like a government, as an excuse, for the outcome of their actions.

Too many people have too little personal responsibility.

The “yeah but...” brigade.

We’ve seen a hell of a lot of it over this pandemic. These people have no class about them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.