Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a blatant disregard of the facts and or distortion of the facts that piece of “journalism“ is. They really do seem to genuinely believe they have some god given right to be a “top” club. I fervently hope the likes of Everton are freed to invest and thereby push the yank venture capitalist clubs down to a level befitting their head in the sand, all change is bad unless it benefits Liverpool attitude. Had to smile at the reference to a careful strategic transfer policy - it’s probably the IT they nicked from us
The simple fact is that Liverpool's revenue was higher than ours last financial year. But we've had more to spend because we've spent 10 consecutive seasons in the CL since 2012

From the article - what the actual fuck!?
“.......such as City, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain, but for a club such as Liverpool, who have become a hugely profitable enterprise that seeks value in the transfer market through statistical analysis as opposed to engaging in bidding wars for established talent.....”
No wonder they are all so deluded

Reading between the lines, they are going to have to spend some serious money to remain relevant..

The Egyptian diver wants out, Wijnaldum is going, the water carrier, Dick van sore knee, Judas, Thiago, Fabihno and Matip are all first team picks and are all either long term injured or knocking on a bit..

Looking at what they have left..

Mane, Bobby the teeth, Shaqiri, Chamberlain, the centre halves from Shalke and Preston, Phillips, Williams, Adrian, Origi, the Greek fullback nobody's seen and Keita,

Without being rude, the vast majority of the above are, how best to phrase it.....?

Oh yeah..

.. a bit shit..!

Looks to me like FSG are none too keen to inject some serious funds into the club to keep them relevant too, especially when you factor in the loose change they coughed up for the 2 journeymen centre backs at 5 to midnight on the last day of the transfer window, after knowing for most of the season that they were short at centre back..

I'm hearing now they are trying to woo the racist biter back with a view to him replacing the Egyptian diver..

He's 34 years old ffs, didn't get a kick against chelski over 2 games recently and was eventually hooked.. sounds just what they need..

It really doesn't smack of a long term plan to me, more of a 'bleed them dry for as much as we can for as long as we can then fcuk off back to our rounders team in the US' sort of strategy..

Where's all their hard earned money gone ?

CL winners, PL* winners, World Champions even..

It appears their owners are following this year's Super Bowl owners business plan and are systematically sucking the life out of yet another, red shirted, PL club..

No top 4 finish or CL win this season will see them bobbing around in mid table with the tarquins sooner rather than later, being managed by slippy G whilst employing the racist biter and Morelos up front..

Fingers crossed..!

I doubt whether changing to FFP or it’s abolition will change the way we do business. Would be interesting for Everton though wouldn’t it, that’s who the Dippers should be most worried about
Bloomin hope so mate.

If any of you can be arsed looking on rawk the saltiness is a joy to behold. Human rights in the middle east, the 6-0 thrashing of Watford, and FFP all seem to matter again, in a way they didn't seem to matter when we were in 6th place before xmas or when Liverpool were 20 points ahead last year :-)

Reading between the lines, they are going to have to spend some serious money to remain relevant..

The Egyptian diver wants out, Wijnaldum is going, the water carrier, Dick van sore knee, Judas, Thiago, Fabihno and Matip are all first team picks and are all either long term injured or knocking on a bit..

Looking at what they have left..

Mane, Bobby the teeth, Shaqiri, Chamberlain, the centre halves from Shalke and Preston, Phillips, Williams, Adrian, Origi, the Greek fullback nobody's seen and Keita,

Without being rude, the vast majority of the above are, how best to phrase it.....?

Oh yeah..

.. a bit shit..!

Looks to me like FSG are none too keen to inject some serious funds into the club to keep them relevant too, especially when you factor in the loose change they coughed up for the 2 journeymen centre backs at 5 to midnight on the last day of the transfer window, after knowing for most of the season that they were short at centre back..

I'm hearing now they are trying to woo the racist biter back with a view to him replacing the Egyptian diver..

He's 34 years old ffs, didn't get a kick against chelski over 2 games recently and was eventually hooked.. sounds just what they need..

It really doesn't smack of a long term plan to me, more of a 'bleed them dry for as much as we can for as long as we can then fcuk off back to our rounders team in the US' sort of strategy..

Where's all their hard earned money gone ?

CL winners, PL* winners, World Champions even..

It appears their owners are following this year's Super Bowl owners business plan and are systematically sucking the life out of yet another, red shirted, PL club..

No top 4 finish or CL win this season will see them bobbing around in mid table with the tarquins sooner rather than later, being managed by slippy G whilst employing the racist biter and Morelos up front..

Fingers crossed..!
That reads wonderfully well.

It's seems so and that football runs on debt.
Perhaps the 'highest bidder' is the one who can put down the biggest initial payment?
So a club can take on as much debt as they want as long as the owners don't don't try to pay off that debt with new investment.
What's the point of FFP then?
Apart from trying to stop us, of course.

Don't think it's ever been like that.
Clubs have always bought players on instalments.
It would have been mostly cash before the 90s afaik, it was the Serie A and La Liga clubs in the 90s that started the buying on credit craze. That's how the likes of Betis were able to pay £21m for Denilson.

Don't think it's ever been like that.
Clubs have always bought players on instalments.
The rags haven't, of course. They have never ever had to buy players from other clubs in their entire history, they've got a continuous supply of the finest players ever being churned out on a conveyor belt at the their academy...at least that's what two plastics told me at a Christmas get-together a few months back. They were deadly serious, but the rest of us were howling with laughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.