Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some right bitter twats on RAWK about Aguero leaving. Apparently we don't know what a statue is about, but the 'red mancs' do, and so do they (scousers). The comments are seething with jealousy that we managed to not just sign him, but keep him.
Sergio has won more trophies than Best, Law and Charlton combined.
As have Silva and Kompany.

this must win the champions league shit to be classed as legend. The champions league shit really pisses me of. To any dippers in here the season you last won the champs league you finished 25 points behind your country's league winners 25 fucking points. 25 points behind your countrys winner yet in this bent, corrupt competition you were allowed in the champions league. Champions league for teams that finish 25 points behind the champions lol. Not even champions of your country let alone Europe.
Than getting to the final in the group stages you didnt win one away leg ! Didnt they lose 5 on the way of getting to the final ? The amount of luck liverpool got to win that champs league was more than City have had in decades.

The true test of a team is its league position over 38 games not a micky mouse part league part knock out competition, where VAR is used to stop teams and help others. Before VAR the on field ref would follow his intrusions and stop some teams and help others to win. Didnt Chelsea get well and truly screwed over one year ?
We certainly did in that quarter-final against Littlewoods.

The Leroy Sané disallowed non-offside goal and the Yorkshire clogger touching the ball on its way into the net just before half-time spring to mind.

Weren't we just a stepping stone for him because we weren't a big enough club for a star like Sergio? We had that thrown at us for a good few seasons when he first came.
A bit like Sheikh Mansour getting bored.
Spot on.

These ('Stepping Stone' and 'Being Boring') were just two tracks from the 'Now That's What I Call Ruining Football - The Greatest Hits' album so beloved by uneducated fans of other teams, especially The Red Filth and The Anfield Road Formation Brick Throwers, who are intent on playing it on repeat ad infinitum..

Other tracks over the years have been 'Only So Much Oil In The Ground', '(You Won't Keep All Those Stars) Happy', 'Some Squads Are Bigger Than Others' and so on and so on (..ok, ok, I promise I won't labour the metaphor any further!)

If I might add to your examples the latest in the long list of these things thrown at us since August 2008, namely, the 'They've Got 2 Top Players For Every Position In Their Squad' complaint. It seems that this has caught on over recent weeks, not just with other teams' fans but also the media.

They've clearly not been keeping up with the word about club strategy and intentions that has been coming out of City for many a year now. Even David Conn (apologies to those who aren't exactly fans of his) was aware of this direction being steered by our club seven years ago when he wrote an article (August 2014) which contrasted the professionalism of Khaldoon, Begiristain and Soriano at City with the leaching of money to America from Old Trafford/the poor transfer decision-making by Woodward et al):

"Player recruitment planning looks years behind City, where the board developed a dedicated system after Mansour’s 2008 takeover, installing a director of football, now Txiki Begiristain, working with managers and directors to a stated aim of two world-class players in each position, backed by limitless cash."

Oh well, at least The Red Filth and The Anfield Road Formation Brick Throwers have caught up now.. shame they've not been asking their respective owners the important questions about City's 'dominance' in recent years - including

- 'Why are your decisions in bringing in players so poor so often?' and
- 'Where's all the money gone?'

Last edited:

RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
xx.gif

Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons

« Reply #12979 on: Today at 01:15:03 pm »

Mercer, Lee and Bell should have a statue before these mercenaries.

Proof their owners disregard City's previous history, to them Man City was founded in 2008 and became a PR sportswashing entity for a human rights abusing slave owning heinous monarchy.

==================================================================================================

erm...
As thick as fucking pigshit that poster and clueless to boot. We treat all our club legends - past and present - better than they treated Shankly. Fancy banning his book from the club shop!

Spot on.

These ('Stepping Stone' and 'Being Boring') were just two tracks from the 'Now That's What I Call Ruining Football - The Greatest Hits' album so beloved by uneducated fans of other teams, especially The Red Filth and The Anfield Road Formation Brick Throwers, who are intent on playing it on repeat ad infinitum..

Other tracks over the years have been 'Only So Much Oil In The Ground', '(You Won't Keep All Those Stars) Happy', 'Some Squads Are Bigger Than Others' and so on and so on (..ok, ok, I promise I won't labour the metaphor any further!)

If I might add to your examples the latest in the long list of these things thrown at us since August 2008, namely, the 'They've Got 2 Top Players For Every Position In Their Squad' complaint. It seems that this has caught on over recent weeks, not just with other teams' fans but also the media.

They've clearly not been keeping up with the word about club strategy and intentions that has been coming out of City for many a year now. Even David Conn (apologies to those who aren't exactly fans of his) was aware of this direction being steered by our club seven years ago when he wrote an article (August 2014) which contrasted the professionalism of Khaldoon, Begiristain and Soriano at City with the leaching of money to America from Old Trafford/the poor transfer decision-making by Woodward et al):

"Player recruitment planning looks years behind City, where the board developed a dedicated system after Mansour’s 2008 takeover, installing a director of football, now Txiki Begiristain, working with managers and directors to a stated aim of two world-class players in each position, backed by limitless cash."

Oh well, at least The Red Filth and The Anfield Road Formation Brick Throwers have caught up now.. shame thev're not been asking their respective owners the important questions about City's 'dominance' in recent year - including

- 'Why are your decisions in bringing in players so poor so often?' and
- 'Where's all the money gone?'
Great post, JFE.

;-)

As thick as fucking pigshit that poster and clueless to boot. We treat all our club legends - past and present - better than they treated Shankly. Fancy banning his book from the club shop!
Plus, I reckon having a stand or a thoroughfare named after you might, just might trump having a fucking statue ffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.