Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klipperty in the press today saying that he’s stunned that TAA has been axed by Southgate, saying he’s like dropping Messi.
But he didn’t clarify what actual storey Messi would have to be dropped from, to cause him to start playing as crap as TAA

What’s he moaning for? Surely managers don’t want their players away on international duty as it means less chance of picking up injuries?

Klipperty in the press today saying that he’s stunned that TAA has been axed by Southgate, saying he’s like dropping Messi.
But he didn’t clarify what actual storey Messi would have to be dropped from, to cause him to start playing as crap as TAA
TAA is a reasonable good winger shoehorned into the fullback position. Now the rest of the PL have discovered how to combat Klopp's tactics he has been shown up to be bang average as a defender.

What’s he moaning for? Surely managers don’t want their players away on international duty as it means less chance of picking up injuries?
Oh, he’ll moan after the event for sure. Giving “Trent” a boost to get him mentally right for the Champions League they aim to win next month. It’s cringe - and the press are complicit making it front page news which it isn’t - but I can see why he’s doing it.

Agree, this has levelled the playing field and shown it is all about the players on the pitch and how they are managed and motivated.
Have to say I have virtually given up on talkshite save for the Sportbar whenever I am finishing a late shift. Goldstein is annoying, but maybe thats just my anti rag attitude. Cundy can be occasionally also but he does the wind up well and it does get people calling in, so i guess he is doing his job.
Cundy can be "refreshing" but also comes out with the line about players doing what they can to win, which irrespective of my allegiance to Liverpool, diving is diving is cheating.
Both of them do call people out for being knobs which is refreshing in this day and age....and I have to say I did like paxman turning Dalglish over.
Anyone who gets too big for their boots deserves that...nothing worse than someone giving it the big Iam or coming out with the "don't you know who I am".
I once had the pleasure of getting to say "No" to a Chief Constable when he tried to play that line with me.
Can you explain your first sentence? To me it reads you are agreeing your team is at a disadvantage because of no crowds, absolute fucking bollocks.

Oh, he’ll moan after the event for sure. Giving “Trent” a boost to get him mentally right for the Champions League they aim to win next month. It’s cringe - and the press are complicit making it front page news which it isn’t - but I can see why he’s doing it.
One day, some time in the not too distant future, we will all wake up to the news that a representative of Dipper FC is NOT whinging and moaning in the press about something or other. There won't be an article on how unfair life is for everyone involved with that club: not a mention about the tea ladies' varicose veins, or a board member who couldn't find his socks first thing this morning, there won't be one single 'oh, woe is me' press release from Shrinefield, not a single article from the professional bellyachers lamenting some trivial little matter.

And when that day comes the rest of the country will suffer a huge collective cardiac arrest brought on by the sudden shock.

Can you explain your first sentence? To me it reads you are agreeing your team is at a disadvantage because of no crowds, absolute fucking bollocks.
Wonderful and what I love about this forum. Even when i am not even attempting to be a wind up merchant, even when posting something that I didn't think would be contentious...as I was merely agreeing with a City fan. It manages to get someone trying to turn it into tar me with the whinging/victim tag.

As I THOUGHT I had and apologies for not being clearer, I was not referring simply to "my team" but all teams, even though this is the Liverpool thread. All teams are suffering at home and producing some results that "nromally" wouldnt happen. Whether you think this is down to the pressure on refs /officials or the lack of motivation for players, it does appear to be something.

It therefore takes away something from the game but makes it all about the players, which to some extent is what it should be. Should they need fans there to play to the best? Should it have any impact at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.