Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you able to walk off the pitch with a acl injury?

Obviously everybody is different and it depends on what it is but yes It’s possible to be able to walk relatively fine just uncomfortably. The problem lies with twisting and changing direction quickly that’s where the excruciating agony comes in and the feeling of your knee crunching and snapping in half

Mendy played on for a good few minutes.

You never really know, it could be a strain but it had all the hallmarks of an ACL.

It was regular Pickford. Even just kicking the ball he’s so over exaggerated. He just never seems in control and as a keeper it’s absolutely key. In that Sunderland team he was being peppered, which seems to fit his demeanour. When that’s not the case, even Everton’s dodgy back line has been streets ahead of that Sunderland side, he’s really struggled.

The challenge today was very poor and reckless. No player, whoever they play for, deserves that kind of injury.
i played another 10 mins of rugby then walked off the pitch, knee was fucked never played again even after a full rebuild like Gascoignes 18 months later

Yep - you can walk on a torn ACL. What you can't do is move laterally / side to side. That's why it can be such a devastating injury for athletes even though surgery and treatments have come a long way in the past 10-15 years.

When I torn mine playing football.. and I'd also ripped my meniscus too for good measure.. I went in goal

Although as you say, the first time I tired to turn I realized there was something badly wrong and went off in agony

God knows how I managed to drive myself home about 3 miles that day

Liverpool captain Henderson suggested VAR officials "bend the lines" to disallow goals.

"It must be offside with VAR, it's what everyone wants," Henderson said after his injury-time effort was ruled out.

"I think they bend the lines sometimes to make it offside. I'm not sure how they do it, I've seen it before.

Henderson best get fucked for this

maybe the lines were bent last year for all the offsides they benefited from... wankers

He’s, by all accounts, done the ACL of a player, making contact at high shin/ knee height. It was a very poor challenge. Like outfield players have needed to adjust their tackling technique in the modern game, keepers need to do the same.
But when Mane studded Ederson in the head, at head height, and busted him open, it was Ederson who was booed off the pitch on a stretcher at Klanfield. So they really need to shut the fuck up crying about it, the vile gimps.

They should agree to review today’s VAR decisions on the proviso that they’ll also review all LFCs decisions from the past 3 seasons. They’ll end up with no PL and no CL. And Henderson with a 3 game ban for bringing the game into disrepute

But when Mane studded Ederson in the head and busted him open, it was Ederson who was booed off the pitch on a stretcher at Klanfield. So they really need to shut the fuck up crying about it, the vile gimps.
Ederson was injured at the Etihad.

As a supporter you’ll undoubtedly feel as though things have conspired against you with a decision when a pivotal player is injured. If that was DeGea launching into Dias or Laporte we’d feel the same.

Mane was correctly given as a red. Pickford, although different in nature, should also have been a red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.