Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor George Orwell, didn’t expect to see his prophecy materialise in the form of a football club, surely? But that is precisely what has happened.
Adult human beings, indoctrinated into a faith, programmed into abandoning freedom of thought and just accepting that black is white and white is black if the great Dipper overlord says so.

If following that particular cult, that would-be religion, what would be the punishment for apostasy? Say two Hail Mary’s and one ‘Lorra lorra laffs, Chuck‘?

Honestly, they are from a different planet, I swear it.

From my earlier post. Examples of...
  • Indoctrination, where everyone unquestioningly accepts the "truth", which is their version of reality. ("European royalty")
  • Cognitive dissonance, where they hold illogical and/or ludicrous beliefs. (So when they boo the opposition it's good but when we boo them, we're small time. Their money is "good" whereas ours is "bad").
European Royalty, if history has taught us anything it is that the "royalty" rode roughshod over neighbouring lands taking anything they wanted without consequence,because they could.So there are certain parallels with today's red hordes.

So, they say Everton are stupid for signing 29 year old players

While they cream themselves over Thiago who is ... erm! ... 29

European Royalty, if history has taught us anything it is that the "royalty" rode roughshod over neighbouring lands taking anything they wanted without consequence,because they could.So there are certain parallels with today's red hordes.

Don't forget the widespread inbreeding too.

Imagine winning the league for the first time in 30 years and being obsessed with City.

The insecurities of these Scouse rats can be seen and smelled daily with the constant need to reassure themselves that they are a big club. They know that in the long run competing with us is going to be a problem.

In a couple of years from now when they can’t replace this group of players due to our database being locked down and the coutinho money finally running dry. It will be time to fuck off back down the table to relive those famous nights.

This is why they hate us so much. We are not going anywhere but in the back of their minds they are just not sure how they will compete with little city and the doubts will creep in.

Big club my ASS... fucking vermin.

From my earlier post. Examples of...
  • Indoctrination, where everyone unquestioningly accepts the "truth", which is their version of reality. ("European royalty")
  • Cognitive dissonance, where they hold illogical and/or ludicrous beliefs. (So when they boo the opposition it's good but when we boo them, we're small time. Their money is "good" whereas ours is "bad").

I'm not so interested in examples of the first type, as from my experience all fans of all clubs have stories that they know are factual yet have been reported in a different light by the press, so we all kinda have our "truths", but I get what you mean about about the drip-drip of propaganda turning their all lies into truths (historic club, run the right way, coach a team don't buy a team...etc...etc...etc.).

I was more flummoxed by examples of the second, with posters effectively shouting "two legs bad, four legs good" with regards to Liverpool and then mid-post shouting "four legs bad, two legs good" with regards to us. It truly is one rule for them and another for everybody else, both on and off the pitch, in their eyes.

...and not a single poster on their (in the hour that I sat reading their head-scratching nonsense for) pulled any of them up for their double standards.

As I said before, very strange place.

Every fanbase has its knobheads but these and rags seem to have more than most. To me Liverpool and Manchester didn't seem to be that different growing up and most scousers are ok. But then the literally red mist descends when you try to discuss football. Brother in law bangs on about ffp and ruining football. I just smile and say I'm proud of City's history and what we've achieved.

Football wise Klopp's side are efficient and pick up points. The help received from both VAR and PIGMOB was not inconsiderable. The damning thing though is that they are awful to watch. Long balls for the front 3 to latch onto. The genuine ability of their full backs to ping in crosses into the box is somewhat offset by their oafish nature. I remember Robertson mouthing off at the ref after the Burnley game that they drew, seemingly with impunity. Different rules I guess.

Didn't watch the Charity Shield so wondered if they've evolved their style of play or are still Wimbledon circa 1988?

There is something very toxic about them both in terms of fans, media fawning and especially in the boardroom.

It's still unbelievable that there was no condemnation of their coach wrecking antics, stealing our scouting info or behaviour of some of their supporters.

We are a very different club thank goodness.
The charity shield was just the same,long balls to slaphead and salad and agriculteral ,boring as fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.