Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to be sheep

Anyone who questions anything is banned

That is how the cult works
There is an episode of ‘The West Wing’ from about 20 years ago which called out the incipient internet social media for what it was, and long before it became the beast we know it to be nowadays.

The character Josh Lyman foolishly decides to interact with people posting online at a site named ‘Lemon Lyman’ after him, trying to reason with them. His assistant, Donna, advises not to do so, saying to him ‘You don’t know these people’. Josh asks ‘Why, what’s wrong with these people?’ to which Donna replies ‘Well, they haven’t taken their medication..’ And so on and so on as the situation escalates after Josh insists on communicating..

I don’t listen to Talksport etc; watch anything on Sky: watch ‘Football Focus’; sometimes watch ‘MOTD’ with the sound down; you get the picture.. I only get my news on City from here, the MCFC site and occasional looks at the press. It really isn’t worth it going elsewhere, as recent events have highlighted, whichever story thread you might choose to follow, whether on City or the favoured clubs in Red.

The hounding of ‘Prestwich Blue’ (and indeed yourself) on RAWK following recent posts underlines why interaction with (nay, even concern about) such things is pointless. No matter how valid the point one might make, whether on a social media site or to one of the press/media pack, the more it will be twisted, nuanced and frankly disregarded, until one finds the point originally being made is way, way away in the distance, ‘irrelevant’ from where the trolls and the ‘Lemon Lymanites’ have taken the ‘conversation’ to.. because that’s what they do, that’s their raison d’etre..

And I know it happens here, too. As I said to ‘PB’ the other day, I just hope we City fans keep a sense of proportion about the way our club is treated, online and in the media, as we progress. There are (as Mike Cledford says) decent, sensible Liverpool fans, just as there are similar at other fine clubs such as yours. It can be difficult and frustrating to find them but they’re there!

And anyway, not tuning in to all that fabricated football guff online and in the media frees up more time to watch box sets of City (in good times and in bad) as well as ‘The West Wing’. Far more sensible a use of one’s time, I suggest!

Last edited:
I don’t listen to Talksport etc; watch anything on Sky: watch ‘Football Focus’; sometimes watch ‘MOTD’ with the sound down; you get the picture..
Same as me.

It was mentioned on here recently about how all football questions on TV quiz shows seem to be about the rags, and hey presto there was one last night concerning Shrek.

State of these muppets...

Does the Liverpool Echo ever not talk about Ickle Lickle City?

They really are obsessed with us aren't they? They talk about Ickle City, the club that they apparently don't care about more than their own "european royalty" club.

Very, very strange.
Absolutely deranged. They are obsessed

Total bunch of deluded fuckwits. Probably counting the community shield as one of their quadruple still
what gets me is you expect the deluded bullshit from the fans....they are a cult afterall but when supposed respected International players like Van Dijk start showing their winners medals off ie the CL & PL at the same time like they were won in the same season you really know there is no hope for them & that the cult have finally got to them too the fuckin crackpots.....

Has anybody called them SCOUSE CNUTS yet?

Anyway, after boredom set yesterday I dipped my toe in the murky waters of RAWK. Very strange place!

So many "animal farm sheep" on there who flip-flop their opinions and their reasoning depending on which team (us or them mainly) that they're talking about.

What I did find strange is that they, almost to a man, sing (practically word for word) from the same hymn sheet on every topic I dared to read their views on. Was actually surprised to not find a thread entitled "ONE OF US" where each member just posted those three words over and over again.

Now I know all football fans are a little bit one-eyed and we're all fairly partisan, but that lot are just weird. Won't be going back again any time soon.
From my earlier post. Examples of...
  • Indoctrination, where everyone unquestioningly accepts the "truth", which is their version of reality. ("European royalty")
  • Cognitive dissonance, where they hold illogical and/or ludicrous beliefs. (So when they boo the opposition it's good but when we boo them, we're small time. Their money is "good" whereas ours is "bad").

It’s the way all their supporters speak I don’t like- scandanavian is such a hard language to understand..

what gets me is you expect the deluded bullshit from the fans....they are a cult afterall but when supposed respected International players like Van Dijk start showing their winners medals off ie the CL & PL at the same time like they were won in the same season you really know there is no hope for them & that the cult have finally got to them too the fuckin crackpots.....

City players don't have enough hands to show off all their medals.

Every fanbase has its knobheads but these and rags seem to have more than most. To me Liverpool and Manchester didn't seem to be that different growing up and most scousers are ok. But then the literally red mist descends when you try to discuss football. Brother in law bangs on about ffp and ruining football. I just smile and say I'm proud of City's history and what we've achieved.

Football wise Klopp's side are efficient and pick up points. The help received from both VAR and PIGMOB was not inconsiderable. The damning thing though is that they are awful to watch. Long balls for the front 3 to latch onto. The genuine ability of their full backs to ping in crosses into the box is somewhat offset by their oafish nature. I remember Robertson mouthing off at the ref after the Burnley game that they drew, seemingly with impunity. Different rules I guess.

Didn't watch the Charity Shield so wondered if they've evolved their style of play or are still Wimbledon circa 1988?

There is something very toxic about them both in terms of fans, media fawning and especially in the boardroom.

It's still unbelievable that there was no condemnation of their coach wrecking antics, stealing our scouting info or behaviour of some of their supporters.

We are a very different club thank goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.