Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should clubs not have cash injections from rich owners? They are, after all, a business. I see nothing wrong with City being bought and turned into a major force. In fact, I was delighted by it as Liverpool. Man Utd, and Arsenal was becoming boring. It was good to see more competition. It was very noticeable and not surprising to see which sets of fans have moaned the most. Green eyes appear when you have had everything on a plate then suddenly the new kid on the block appears and starts taking some of your glory. Chelsea got it in the neck and were accused of all kinds when they had the nerve to start winning trophies, now City are the bad boys to the media darlings. But take it as a compliment as it means you are doing well and miffing a few off along the way. I hope the 'Uncle Usmanov' stories are true and we end up bankrolled and have a chance to win things. I would not give two flying fecks if any rich buyer took us on and gave us silly money. Bring it on I say. You City fans keep on cheering on your team of winners. I hope you grab that league title back.

It amazes me how fans of certain clubs will brag about income, sponsors, merchandise, etc etc. Then start crying because another team has an owner with a few bob to spare. It comes across as very bitter and childish. Something about Dummies and prams springs to mind!

Keep up the good work City
Agree with you 100% mate.
Every successful club has had a financial leg up at some point which has been well documented.
In the past it was about local businessmen wanting their local club to be successful whereas now the sums of money you get for winning or don't get for not winning scares the shit out of a lot of owners, particularly those of clubs heavily in debt as it affects their cash cow.
The problem now is FFP prevents the amount of investment needed from being invested into a club which is grossly unfair and merely protects the status quo.
FFP in it's current guise won't allow someone like Usmanov to invest to the levels needed and unless someone challenges this it won't change.
Perversely FFP suits City as we effectively got into the castle before the FFP drawbridge was raised so our owners won't challenge it so it will take someone who has money to invest who isn't allowed to challenge this.
As far as I'm concerned I don't think anyone has the right to tell someone that they can't invest their money but I don't run UEFA and I'm not a member of the G14.

Why should clubs not have cash injections from rich owners? They are, after all, a business. I see nothing wrong with City being bought and turned into a major force. In fact, I was delighted by it as Liverpool. Man Utd, and Arsenal was becoming boring. It was good to see more competition. It was very noticeable and not surprising to see which sets of fans have moaned the most. Green eyes appear when you have had everything on a plate then suddenly the new kid on the block appears and starts taking some of your glory. Chelsea got it in the neck and were accused of all kinds when they had the nerve to start winning trophies, now City are the bad boys to the media darlings. But take it as a compliment as it means you are doing well and miffing a few off along the way. I hope the 'Uncle Usmanov' stories are true and we end up bankrolled and have a chance to win things. I would not give two flying fecks if any rich buyer took us on and gave us silly money. Bring it on I say. You City fans keep on cheering on your team of winners. I hope you grab that league title back.

It amazes me how fans of certain clubs will brag about income, sponsors, merchandise, etc etc. Then start crying because another team has an owner with a few bob to spare. It comes across as very bitter and childish. Something about Dummies and prams springs to mind!

Keep up the good work City
Quite.. Oh and by the way, I wasn't getting at any club in particular in my first post, including both Everton and Liverpool.. To this day I still remember with great affection seeing as a kid the likes of Alex 'The Golden Vision' Young and Colin Harvey play or Peter Thompson and Ian Callaghan raiding down the flanks.. And don't get me banging on about Kevin Sheedy and his left peg!

Agree with you 100% mate.
Every successful club has had a financial leg up at some point which has been well documented.
In the past it was about local businessmen wanting their local club to be successful whereas now the sums of money you get for winning or don't get for not winning scares the shit out of a lot of owners, particularly those of clubs heavily in debt as it affects their cash cow.
The problem now is FFP prevents the amount of investment needed from being invested into a club which is grossly unfair and merely protects the status quo.
FFP in it's current guise won't allow someone like Usmanov to invest to the levels needed and unless someone challenges this it won't change.
Perversely FFP suits City as we effectively got into the castle before the FFP drawbridge was raised so our owners won't challenge it so it will take someone who has money to invest who isn't allowed to challenge this.
As far as I'm concerned I don't think anyone has the right to tell someone that they can't invest their money but I don't run UEFA and I'm not a member of the G14.
Almost think we are getting away from the basic theme of this thread...to lampoon Liverpool and it almost seems that many of us are getting a little misty eyed at "the good ole days".

Whilst I can see the basic idea of FFP being a reasonable thing, there is the jealousy angle and to a degree when you get the comments about dirty oil money, that start to smack of racism. FFP has very much created something of a closed shop. Something that cannot really benefit the game as a whole, as we want as much competition as possible. All clubs having the hope that one day they unearth some talent and then a couple of years later reach the heights.

Its sad then that you get the poor owners of clubs, who have taken so much out of the club itself for their own enrichment, rather than the betterment of the fans or the community. My son has his Liverpool scarf hanging on his wardrobe alongside a Bury scarf that he got when I took him to a couple of games there when visiting his gran who lives just round the corner from the ground. OK Dale wasn't responsible for FFP but he certainly summed up poor ownership and someone who didn't really care about football or the club and community.

Anyway, lets get back to the slagging off....

You know football means more to me than you City fans.....

Almost think we are getting away from the basic theme of this thread...to lampoon Liverpool and it almost seems that many of us are getting a little misty eyed at "the good ole days".

Whilst I can see the basic idea of FFP being a reasonable thing, there is the jealousy angle and to a degree when you get the comments about dirty oil money, that start to smack of racism. FFP has very much created something of a closed shop. Something that cannot really benefit the game as a whole, as we want as much competition as possible. All clubs having the hope that one day they unearth some talent and then a couple of years later reach the heights.

Its sad then that you get the poor owners of clubs, who have taken so much out of the club itself for their own enrichment, rather than the betterment of the fans or the community. My son has his Liverpool scarf hanging on his wardrobe alongside a Bury scarf that he got when I took him to a couple of games there when visiting his gran who lives just round the corner from the ground. OK Dale wasn't responsible for FFP but he certainly summed up poor ownership and someone who didn't really care about football or the club and community.

Anyway, lets get back to the slagging off....

You know football means more to me than you City fans.....
Basically we agree FFP in it's current guise is bollocks.
It didn't stop Steve Dale shafting Bury and wouldn't have stopped Portsmouth or Leeds nearly going bump so the real question is who benefits?

I knew you'd get a reference in to This Means More :)

If you get a result tomorrow I think you're right back in the mix and if you're 4 points behind going into next weekends game Bingo will have your lot fired up.
EIther way I can't see anyone else good enough to challenge either of us to be the top 2.

The (Yank) Rags and Data Hackers are at it again.

The article is in the Daily Mail if you want to read it?

Man United and Liverpool owners accused of 'plotting to DESTROY football' with £4.6bn European Super League project by LaLiga chief Javier Tebas... as he says Real Madrid's president Florentino Perez is behind the 'underground project'​

The (Yank) Rags and Data Hackers are at it again.

The article is in the Daily Mail if you want to read it?

Man United and Liverpool owners accused of 'plotting to DESTROY football' with £4.6bn European Super League project by LaLiga chief Javier Tebas... as he says Real Madrid's president Florentino Perez is behind the 'underground project'​

Won't destroy it for me the sooner thease cûnts fuckoff the better

Basically we agree FFP in it's current guise is bollocks.
It didn't stop Steve Dale shafting Bury and wouldn't have stopped Portsmouth or Leeds nearly going bump so the real question is who benefits?

I knew you'd get a reference in to This Means More :)

If you get a result tomorrow I think you're right back in the mix and if you're 4 points behind going into next weekends game Bingo will have your lot fired up.
EIther way I can't see anyone else good enough to challenge either of us to be the top 2.
We shall see...but more a case of us fighting for 4th!. Not confident when I have just seen Shaq n Origi up front.....
Oh dear!

Lost to West Ham in 75 with Bobby Moore in the team didn't they?
Your average Redshirt fanboy would be sneering and pointing out that the definition of history is in fact the number of trophies won since a date specified by them rather than the excepted definition as a study of the past.
West Ham beat Fulham in the '75 Cup final.

We shall see...but more a case of us fighting for 4th!. Not confident when I have just seen Shaq n Origi up front.....
Oh dear!
Today will reveal a lot IMO.
I can't decide if the Spurs win was a good performance by pool or a poor one by Spurs or a bit of both.
Nothing has convinced me since the start of the season that anyone but us two can win it.
Rags have been found wanting, Spurs being well Spursy and Rodgers starting to do his usual trick of flattering to deceive after a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.