Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post I quoted said Barca still owe £40m of the Coutinho money, which they do

They owe it to the bank Liverpool sold the debt to

Liverpool have had the money
That's cash flow. It's also useless to them as income. They can't set it against transfer fees. It's a non entity.

///Everything you say is true. But on the other hand I wouldn’t want my club to be owned by a sugar daddy. I never want to see my club sack Gerrard the way Chelsea sacked Lampard. It’s just not who we are.

When people talk about catching up with City, I think they don’t realize they are talking about a team that spent more than half a billion ONLY on defenders in the last 2-3 years. There is no catching up unless you get petrol money and that’s a fact. I am in no way saying they influence referees or there is match fixing, but I can say that they somehow have some influence on FIFA and UEFA. They are allowed spend money like there’s no tomorrow, either barely regulated or even if regulated they find loopholes with sponsorships and other ways that I am not clever enough to understand. Football is completely different than what it was, and it is very easy to get lost in it. We have to be careful with our spending.

Young and new supporters are more enthusiastic about stats, silverware and big names and I absolutely understand that, but I just can’t be arsed about those. I mean of course silverwares are great, but for me Liverpool is more than that. It’s just for me though, so I am not saying this is how it should be for everybody.//
what a pile of bollocks

//Honestly, the FSG approach is logical in any other business then football, when you compete against owners like Man City who treat their clubs as vehicles for sports washing. It's a bloody fact that absent their corrupt capital, we win in 13/14, we win in 18/19. Am I sad we did not reload when the iron was hot? Yes, but I also hate that we have to compete against that lot and their ill-gotten gains.//
More bollocks

That's cash flow. It's also useless to them as income. They can't set it against transfer fees. It's a non entity.
It’s not entirely a non entity to FSG & John Henry tho....it can go straight into John Henry’s account can’t it? ;)

No idea if that’s true, but it’s amusing if it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.