Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Salah went down far too easily, but then there was some contact.
That right there is the problem mate, as soon as ex pros (like that spod Owen) started coming out with that shit , it became gospel and the norm, it’s a contact sport ffs.
I often wonder how many of these officials and media trolls have actually ever played the game, for the people that have , 99% can see whether it was a genuine foul 99% of the time.

"They look in the dustbin for something to eat......"
You’re not allowed to sing that anymore, or “Sign on...”. Apparently it’s an insult to the homeless and all those living below the poverty line and relying on foodbanks.
They’re still allowed to sing songs about Shipman being an honorary scouser and us Mancs being a town full of smackheads though. Nothing wrong with those as they’re football banter.

You’re not allowed to sing that anymore, or “Sign on...”. Apparently it’s an insult to the homeless and all those living below the poverty line and relying on foodbanks.
They’re still allowed to sing songs about Shipman being an honorary scouser and us Mancs being a town full of smackheads though. Nothing wrong with those as they’re football banter.
Surely the lyrical geniuses that follow our great club could come up with some manc sarcastic piss take of a song glorifying the best team ever to have played the game?

As a former homeless person and a child from a single parent family , I take exception to being automatically associated with dipping in bins .

Penalty
1S2G7o.gif

Dive
lhTPvQ.gif
TBF salah was very lucky, a Brutal attack like that could have killed him, or at the very least dislocated his arm. Lucky to be alive

It’s amazing how a narrative spreads, watching espn and the spanish bloke Guilem or whatever his name his has mentioned the pandemic in relation to Liverpool struggling.
I had no idea the pandemic has been going on for 30 years. Wowsers!

Remember that episode of Porridge, the boxing one?

Mane & Salah would be perfect for a remake, both hit the canvas before a glove is lay.

"This means more cheating"
Thst was an absolute classic.As Fletcher said "Now get in there and may the best man lose " !

Sadly I think that has become all part of the game...much as I like you, hate it.
It is not confined to one team or nationality, it has almost become the norm.

About the first time I really recall the diving/histrionics (or should that be 'istryonics?) was with Klinsmann. We then went a few years before it was Drogba (see...I blame Chelsea again!) and since then it has slowly crept in to being something that according to some pundits "is all part of the game".

Perhaps the most regular user of that phrase is Cundy on Talksport who views it as something players should do.

Yes Salah went down far too easily, but then there was some contact. As said all sides do it to some extent. The Soucek/Mitrovic one was a prime example, Salah against West Ham and Wellbeck against us beign others where there may have been the faintest of contacts (if at all) and they have gone down.

So is that gamesmanship when they respond to the contact or simply cheating? Oh for simpler times!!!

Whilst there may be times when it is a close call, you then get the complete wankers like Neymar and Rivaldo where you just have to shake your head and laugh at them.

Try and ignore the fact that Salah is a Liverpool player, and lets focus on the laws of the game.

You say ‘there was contact,’ and you are right. But it is clear that Salah first raises his arm to hold Dias off, preventing him from closing the gap.

If ‘contact’ is the offence, why was the correct outcome not a free kick to City?

And if ‘contact’ is not enough, why was a penalty awarded, because there is no way Dias pulled him to the ground? Do the laws of the game really say that in that situation Salah is allowed to fend Dias off, but Dias is not allowed to pull Salah’s arm out of the way?

Seems to me like those defending the penalty are trying to have their cake and eat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.