Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can analyse the LotG till the muffins are on the table for tea, but after we have analysed every last sentence, clause, phrase, word, syllable, letter, smudge, the deciding factor in awarding the pen rests on the usual nonsense - contact (more Danny Muppet bollocks will be hard to find), hitting the ground, emulating a good shaped 'starfish' (Stevie would be proud!), perhaps a little yelp from the diver to indicate to the ref his sacred person had been assaulted, and whether the ref had stuck his Euro Millions lottery ticket behind a picture of Bill Shankly or the GPC! It's only the shame of not awarding a blatant pen that the rest of the PL ever get one. Could The Bottler really have ignored the foul on Raheem? Well, yes, 'cos we saw a blatant pen on Sergio down at Southampton a few seasons back that the panicking Corporal Jones adjudged to have been a dive.

Separate discussion. If people want to justify the penalty, I’ll take them to task.

If people want to talk about the real world, I’ll point them to Robertson’s shove in Phil Foden’s back at 1-1 and ask them whether there was ‘contact’ there.

Separate discussion. If people want to justify the penalty, I’ll take them to task.

If people want to talk about the real world, I’ll point them to Robertson’s shove in Phil Foden’s back at 1-1 and ask them whether there was ‘contact’ there.

I thought that it was a clear push on Foden as he tried to reach Sterling cross. But the commentators didnt say anything and nor did Phil or any City players. But I dont think VAR works at Anfield.

More than there was on Salah!

On the day I could see why the officials gave it but after reflecting and watching it many times, I really don’t think that was a penalty and if we ha dropped points, it would have been a total disgrace.

The more you watch it the more it's not a penalty I agree. Salah trys to push Dias away first so commits the first 'foul' , Dias than touches Salah who goes down like he has been shot. Would Dias have got the foul if he had thrown himself backwards and to the ground.
Everyone would have said Dias needs to be stronger there, yet a forward can do it and get rewarded.

Salah is a cheating little **** but I guess is playing to the rules and piss poor ref'ing. It needs stopping if this was coped in Sunday league every match would finish in a punch up

If they take the option to sign Kabak at the end of his 6 month loan, Klopp would have spent half a billion pounds on players. Are they planning on an open top bus parade? Will the media even notice it? Or is it still coming out of the Coutinho money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.