Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get all you say Bill and the passion for your club. I almost feel guilty (damn, am I falling into the victom trap) for posting and therefore causing you to go into overdrive with your responses.
The bit that resonated most with me, and almost fitted with my response to Pablo was that which I have quoted.
At the end of the day it comes down to the fact we all love watching a football being kicked around and abit of acceptance and humility goes a long way to helping everyone enjoy whats going on on the pitch and not whats goes on off it.
But there’s no evidence of humility when it comes to the vast majority of your fans.
You seem ok though but I’m not sure if that’s just because you’re much better than that Greggery fella.. :-)

They have a hugely settled first team. It has helped them alot. We need to make less changes this year. We piss around with the side almost every week. Sometimes players get dropped with us even after playing well.

We are at our best when we pass teams to death and press them to death. We didn’t do this well enough last season.

But there’s no evidence of humility when it comes to the vast majority of your fans.
You seem ok though but I’m not sure if that’s just because you’re much better than that Greggery fella.. :-)
LOL I'm no better than anyone, believe me I can be a dick with the best of them.
I save my being a dick & WUMMERY for my managers at work

Yes I appreciate what you say as I referred to the dislike/hatred shown on here to varying degrees being down to more than the simple title win.
You arent going to get any fan developing a "hatred" as such from one simple season, there has to be more to it.

My pondering or thought was whether, if Liverpool were to fade back into mediocrity, would the feelings wane slightly and the usual more traditional rivalry/dislike/hatred with Utd return.
The behaviour and actions of the club at all levels from Boardroom, Staff, Players, Former Players in the media and a significant number of your fans towards my club over the last few years will not be forgotten in a hurry.
This applies whether either or both of us remain competitive or not.
Their actions are well documented and I would be on here all night if I tried to list them all.
Perhaps if your club started to take responsibility for it's actions and acknowledged some of the frankly grotesque behaviour it would be a start however they never do and always make excuses or try to deflect by blaming someone or something else.
Klopp was at it again this week fanning the flames with his lies about City and Chelsea so I can't see anything changing soon.
The culture of your club is such that it never takes responsibility for it's actions yet cries like a baby if they think they have been wronged hence the "always thr victims, never your fault" aimed your way.
I'm sure you're asking a genuine question but you're pissing in the wind if you think anyone at City holds anything but disdain for your club as a result of the actions of your club and a significant number of those associated with it and unless there is a significant change in culture and an acknowledgement of this by taking some responsibility this will not change.

Yes I appreciate what you say as I referred to the dislike/hatred shown on here to varying degrees being down to more than the simple title win.
You arent going to get any fan developing a "hatred" as such from one simple season, there has to be more to it.

My pondering or thought was whether, if Liverpool were to fade back into mediocrity, would the feelings wane slightly and the usual more traditional rivalry/dislike/hatred with Utd return.
From my perspective in Dublin, I started following City around 1970 aged seven. We had a few early good years that I was too young to appreciate so I went through the 70’s seeing us win o e cup and things slowly get worse after that.
My best mate followed Liverpool and still does.
Liverpool were a team I admired.
I never had any beef with any Liverpool fans. I never heard any Liverpool fan have any problem with City until around 2013/14, I think it was, when I was coming back from a match and there was a load of pissed up younger generation than me giving it loads on the plane on the way back.
They were giving abuse to a City supporter and his young lad who was similar in age to my young lad, who was with me. Probably around 10-12 years old.
They were coming out with the kind of shite that the media frequently spout commonly now.

This was a real eye opener to me.
Since that, I have only ever got that kind of crap from Liverpool supporters here in Dublin. Not United supporters. United supporters over here seem to have the attitude of, ‘See what we were talking about’.
See what they’re like.
United supporters seem to have accepted that the game is the way it is and has been for a long time. It’s a business.
Liverpool supporters like to think they’re different.

Now I’ve educated my best mate and his two lads have no ill feelings towards City, but the truth is apart from the fact that both Red wearing fans don’t acknowledge their part in making football what it is, and both don’t seem to accept that they are treated differently as clubs than us,
I don’t get the same contempt and hatred from United fans as I do from Liverpool fans.

So in answer, I don’t think it would be any better if Liverpool were crap as it seems to have started from your side when you were mediocre and we were deemed to have taken a top 4 spot that you saw as a birthright.
Not you personally, but that’s the gist of it for me.

From my perspective in Dublin, I started following City around 1970 aged seven. We had a few early good years that I was too young to appreciate so I went through the 70’s seeing us win o e cup and things slowly get worse after that.
My best mate followed Liverpool and still does.
Liverpool were a team I admired.
I never had any beef with any Liverpool fans. I never heard any Liverpool fan have any problem with City until around 2013/14, I think it was, when I was coming back from a match and there was a load of pissed up younger generation than me giving it loads on the plane on the way back.
They were giving abuse to a City supporter and his young lad who was similar in age to my young lad, who was with me. Probably around 10-12 years old.
They were coming out with the kind of shite that the media frequently spout commonly now.

This was a real eye opener to me.
Since that, I have only ever got that kind of crap from Liverpool supporters here in Dublin. Not United supporters. United supporters over here seem to have the attitude of, ‘See what we were talking about’.
See what they’re like.
United supporters seem to have accepted that the game is the way it is and has been for a long time. It’s a business.
Liverpool supporters like to think they’re different.

Now I’ve educated my best mate and his two lads have no ill feelings towards City, but the truth is apart from the fact that both Red wearing fans don’t acknowledge their part in making football what it is, and both don’t seem to accept that they are treated differently as clubs than us,
I don’t get the same contempt and hatred from United fans as I do from Liverpool fans.

So in answer, I don’t think it would be any better if Liverpool were crap as it seems to have started from your side when you were mediocre and we were deemed to have taken a top 4 spot that you saw as a birthright.
Not you personally, but that’s the gist of it for me.
I would give your post multiple likes if I could.
Growing up I didn't have an issue with them (I'm
47) and remember rooting for them in European Cup finals 81 and 84 as a kid and even as an adult in 05 however I would back anyone but them in a major final now as a result of their recent behaviour.
Like yourself, a lot of Utd fans have always told me how much they despise them and after the way they have behaved recently I can see why.
Utd fans have also told me how they were glad on the occasions we pipped them to the title in 2014 and 2019 or beat them at Wembley in 2016 and 2019 which speaks volumes to me.
For me it started around 2014 when their feral scum fans attacked supporters coaches after impeccably observing a minutes silence on the Anniversary of Hillsborough and snowballed from there with their subsequent well-documented actions.
Like yourself, I know there are some decent fans of theirs however as a proportion of their fanbase, they have a far bigger percentage of vile scum and morons than any other club based on my experience.

The behaviour and actions of the club at all levels from Boardroom, Staff, Players, Former Players in the media and a significant number of your fans towards my club over the last few years will not be forgotten in a hurry.
This applies whether either or both of us remain competitive or not.
Their actions are well documented and I would be on here all night if I tried to list them all.
Perhaps if your club started to take responsibility for it's actions and acknowledged some of the frankly grotesque behaviour it would be a start however they never do and always make excuses or try to deflect by blaming someone or something else.
Klopp was at it again this week fanning the flames with his lies about City and Chelsea so I can't see anything changing soon.
The culture of your club is such that it never takes responsibility for it's actions yet cries like a baby if they think they have been wronged hence the "always thr victims, never your fault" aimed your way.
I'm sure you're asking a genuine question but you're pissing in the wind if you think anyone at City holds anything but disdain for your club as a result of the actions of your club and a significant number of those associated with it and unless there is a significant change in culture and an acknowledgement of this by taking some responsibility this will not change.
With my comment yesterday about you trying harder blue boy I see you have taken notice of my comment and this post deserves a silver star. Well done and Keep aiming high on this topic.

With my comment yesterday about you trying harder blue boy I see you have taken notice of my comment and this post deserves a silver star. Well done and Keep aiming high on this topic.
Well thank you kind sir.
What do I need to get a gold star?

Oh fuck, I'm starting to sound like a Dipper with this talk of gold stars!

I promise I won't go shopping in full kit with fake star medals pinned on the front of my City shirt if you give my next post a gold star !

Well thank you kind sir.
What do I need to get a gold star?

Oh fuck, I'm starting to sound like a Dipper with this talk of gold stars!

I promise I won't go shopping in full kit with fake star medals pinned on the front of my City shirt if you give my next post a gold star !
I will watch your posts in the hope I can give you the coveted gold star.

All the great moments we’ve had recently, winning a trophy after 30 years, winning the league after 44, the Aguero goal, smashing every record in the premier league, 100 points etc etc etc...
The very last thing I wanted to do was go and gloat on a united or scouse forum.
Which tells you everything you need to know about the liverpool fans who come on here when they win but are conspicuously absent when they lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.