Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the side they were at the start of last season but they don't have to be in a weak PL

I was telling some scousers couple weeks ago dont hope easy run this time, winning back to back is so much harder than winning it first, but so far it does not look like they gonna have lot of games where they drop points.

Fairly easy 9 points for them after Leeds, Chelsea, Arsenal. Only really Leeds troubled them.

Lampard despite the big investments wont trouble Liverpool and they will be happy to be in top4 with that defence.
Ole at the wheel will be in big trouble too unless they get magical penalty run gain.
Arsenal/Spurs hoping to get 4th maximum nothing more.

Only City can challenge Liverpool, we cannot give them a head start, we have to be within 2-3 points after 10 rounds. games gonna come every 3 days after international break, CL games every week based on new CL schedule. We wont make it through without defensive stability.

Laporte-Dias duo needs to to hit the ground running. and not get injured.

I don't get all the doom and gloom from a few City supporters on here.
You aren't going to get that many bad calls or defensive mistakes in one game, as you did against Leicester. Laporte back and with defensive reinforcements City will always be up there.
Equally, as others have said, Leeds put 3 past Liverpool and on another day could ahve had more. Lacazette could and should have had more last night.
As you missed Laporte so much last season, it will only take an injury to VVD and Liverpool will be screwed, so I see it all very much still to play for. The same could be said if we were to lose Salah or Mane
I was surprised at how both Chelsea and Arsenal played against us in the last two games. They both seemed so passive almost. I contrast that to the number Pep did on us at the Etihad. No time, hassled us and with the quality in midfield, the quick one twos, the vision and we were shown up totally.
10 games in I reckon City & Liverpool will be up there, but I reckon it will be a scrap all season with all top teams beating each other

Nice try. Your lot will win the league by an even bigger margin.
Question is, do you bottle it or not.

We don't wait for red injuries any longer, we don't wait for clinical opponent strikers anymore, we don't wait for unbiased ref decisions anymore. Same old same old.

Btw, you forgot to comment on the red card incident of SM
and the Jota handball. Same old same old.

I don't get all the doom and gloom from a few City supporters on here.
You aren't going to get that many bad calls or defensive mistakes in one game, as you did against Leicester. Laporte back and with defensive reinforcements City will always be up there.
Equally, as others have said, Leeds put 3 past Liverpool and on another day could ahve had more. Lacazette could and should have had more last night.
As you missed Laporte so much last season, it will only take an injury to VVD and Liverpool will be screwed, so I see it all very much still to play for. The same could be said if we were to lose Salah or Mane
I was surprised at how both Chelsea and Arsenal played against us in the last two games. They both seemed so passive almost. I contrast that to the number Pep did on us at the Etihad. No time, hassled us and with the quality in midfield, the quick one twos, the vision and we were shown up totally.
10 games in I reckon City & Liverpool will be up there, but I reckon it will be a scrap all season with all top teams beating each other
He doesn't get injured though... allegedly because of the "Magic Ventolin"...

Liverpool will drop points..it won't make any difference to us on yesterday's performance we won't be near a title race

...to be fair, Everton winning it would beat us winning it for me... purely in terms of absolute hilarity at the expense of the most hated and arrogant fanbase in world football.

They play with such an intensity that its so hard to break through their press. We arguably did it just as well in 17/18 but the intensity from us has massively dropped, we also don't have the salbutamol across the pitch.

It's going to be a tough season if we drop more points in the manner we did against Leicester. I don't see these dropping off.

...fixed that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.