Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it wasn't Liverpool though, would you be looking at any of these deals and thinking they are overpriced in the current market ? Wilson performed well at Bournemouth, Grujic the same at Hertha, Xhaqiri is a Swiss international (and even then the sale is really just recouping the original purchase price). Brewster is both the highest priced compared to his experience but also the player with perhaps the highest potential - the lost year to injury set him back at a crucial time in his career.

Each of them have years left on their contracts, meaning it's not just a question of having to take what you can get to stop them leaving on a free in a few months.
Listen There is no way in hell anyone would pay 23 m for Brewster. He is 20 years old with only 20 games ever in first team 0 in Premier L . He doesnt look fit and this is to much of a risk for Sheff Utd which need proven striker . He is not that Why would they pay 23 m for him no change this is dodgy as fuck

I think the fact brewster is English has everything to do with it. It almost doubled his price tag. Although sheff utd aren't struggling to reach their homegrown quota

But but but....I thought this was the best team ever to have laced up boots with the best players that ever lived and the best manager ever to choose a team to play......has the public enquiry started yet to ascertain what went wrong?

Listen There is no way in hell anyone would pay 23 m for Brewster. He is 20 years old with only 20 games ever in first team 0 in Premier L . He doesnt look fit and this is to much of a risk for Sheff Utd which need proven striker . He is not that Why would they pay 23 m for him no change this is dodgy as fuck

Can I ask what makes you think he doesn't look fit ? He seemed in shape in pre-season, and the injury that put him out for a year was a one-off ankle injury requiring surgery that took over a year to heal. He's been back training/playing for over a year without any re-occurrence of this.

I honestly don't know if he's worth the money, but his age and his potential does offer a lot of upside for Sheff Utd and no-one has questioned his skill levels. When he was playing for England with Foden he looked extremely talented (I'm not arguing that he is/was as good) and had it not been for the injury setback there might be no questioning of the price.

Brewster has a superb reputation from the youth groups, which all teams will be fully aware of, has the England World Cup win to bolster that further still and by all accounts had a very good loan at Swansea last season. Add to that his English homegrown markup and The £23 million being quoted isn’t beyond reasonable.

We reportedly value Garcia at roughly around the same price after playing just a handful of mainly meaningless games for us when we had no other options there and he only has 12 months left on his contract.

Can I ask what makes you think he doesn't look fit ? He seemed in shape in pre-season, and the injury that put him out for a year was a one-off ankle injury requiring surgery that took over a year to heal. He's been back training/playing for over a year without any re-occurrence of this.

I honestly don't know if he's worth the money, but his age and his potential does offer a lot of upside for Sheff Utd and no-one has questioned his skill levels. When he was playing for England with Foden he looked extremely talented (I'm not arguing that he is/was as good) and had it not been for the injury setback there might be no questioning of the price.
He just doesnt look fit to me sorry but thats they way I see it and that is why Liverpool is selling. I could be wrong thats opinion in football for you. About the price Callum Wilson , homegrown, English international was sold for 20 million he is proven . Do you think that 23 for Brewster in these time . Covid and all is not a dodgy price ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.