Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just doesnt look fit to me sorry but thats they way I see it and that is why Liverpool is selling. I could be wrong thats opinion in football for you. About the price Callum Wilson , homegrown, English international was sold for 20 million he is proven . Do you think that 23 for Brewster in these time . Covid and all is not a dodgy price ?

Fair enough - what's football without differing opinions ? I personally think he's being sold because he's nowhere near ready to compete with our current front line, but is too good to play in the under-23s, and the offer is high enough to outweigh the potential benefits of keeping him around/loan. Still seems to be highly rated, hence the buy back clause which I haven't really seen before from Liverpool (eg Ibe etc).

Comparing the price to Callum Wilson is tricky because of the difference in age and potential (which I would suggest is higher for Brewster). The price is slightly higher than I would have guessed if the reports of £23m are correct, but not excessively so in light of how he was developing prior to his year absence. Comes down to view of his potential I suppose, but I would agree that it's a bit of a gamble for Sheff Utd - £23m isn't exactly chump change

If the rumours are true then I think its a case of simply playing the players we have available. No matter of age or experience.
Otherwise I think that what happened to Orient should happen to Liverpool.
If you cannot fulfil the fixture then forfeit the tie or the points.
OK it is the prem as opposed to the cups but there should be continuity.

what rumours are these ?

So Liverpool gonna sell Brewster 23.5m to Sheff United

Wilson to be told to Burnley 15m

Grujic to Mochengladbacch 15m

Xhaqiri possible to German team for around 15m

How on earth are they managing to generate such funds for reserve players ? something not sitting right.
Been saying this for a while, how did Palace afford that Benteke fee and why, when he was worse than Bony was for us at Liverpool? Even when teams know they are desperate to get them off the books, they still manage good fees, something isn't right and it's not just Liverpool.

Wouldn't that be a great way to cheat FFP?

Liverpool fans: "We cheated FFP the right way"

I don't care what the Liverpool apologists on here say, they are a vile club and I don't trust them.

Last edited:
Brewster has a superb reputation from the youth groups, which all teams will be fully aware of, has the England World Cup win to bolster that further still and by all accounts had a very good loan at Swansea last season. Add to that his English homegrown markup and The £23 million being quoted isn’t beyond reasonable.

We reportedly value Garcia at roughly around the same price after playing just a handful of mainly meaningless games for us when we had no other options there and he only has 12 months left on his contract.
He's only proven at youth level and championship level. By that logic, he's less accomplished as a senior player than Patrick Roberts and the likes, I doubt we'd get £23m for him and that's not even accounting for COVID, something is fishy in my opinion. This is not about one inflated fee in isolation either, they always seem to get great deals even for dead wood, as I've said above.

We're struggling to get £20m for Garcia who's got 11 starts for City's first team in major competitions(PL and CL... meaningless? Don't think so) 16 appearances including coming off the bench and he's had an appearance for Spain's senior team in the Nations league now hasn't he? 12months or not, he is wanted but Barca are unwilling or unable to pay that much and yet Sheffield United somehow are?

Last edited:
Says it all when bottom half clubs are trying to outbid each other to buy Liverpool's favour with VAR and other politics behind the scenes this season. Bet it's how the Rags gained so much influence under Slurgie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.