Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mane has scored exactly the same amount of club goals as Sterling this season although Manes include friendlies. Sterling has also scored in an international which Mane hasn’t.

He has also played less minutes than Mane. 78 less in the league.
But how many chances has Mane missed compared to Sterling. I have always been a Sterling fan but Mane is a much better all-round striker (not least for his heading ability)

In my eyes the previous three seasons.. yes Sterling was slightly better. This season he is not in form at all but neither is nearly the entire squad yet he’s on a par with Mane in terms of effectiveness.

Yes he always misses sitters and will most likely continue to do so but as for the tap in claim.. he’s simply better at putting himself in that position than anyone else in the league and has been for a few seasons. It’s a gift he has.. not a gift given to him.

Yesterdays winner was a prime example of this. Rewatch it.. and look at Sterlings movement.. three players in the box.. both Bernie and Torres do the obvious and try to get behind the Saints defenders.. Sterling reads the space, checks his run to create space... allowing Kev to cut back.

You are wrong mate. Once he gets over this bump in his career he will revert back to scoring one in two easy chances as opposed to one in 4 and will return to being one of the most effective forwards in Europe. He will never be a “just needs one chance” forwards like Aguero. He is what he is but his movement in the box is second to none.
His goalscoring form has dipped, hopefully yesterdays goal will have eased the burden and he will start knocking them in more regularly now.
Sergio missed a few good chances before he got injured if you recall.
I feel that we will start to score more goals more regularly now.
Building on the solid defence.

No mention of how embarrassing palace were then like they do when city thrashed teams. Looking forward motd and shearer pointion out all the palace mistakes. Not holding my breath for that tho
In all fairness after the first goal, Palace were the better team but decided to follow the city form of attack and screwed up 3 sitters the two dipper full backs were having a mare. Mane scores the second after Cahill fails to clear the ball and Palace down tools.
But come on all city fans should have a soft spot for Palace, oh the tears ;-)

In all fairness after the first goal, Palace were the better team but decided to follow the city form of attack and screwed up 3 sitters the two dipper full backs were having a mare. Mane scores the second after Cahill fails to clear the ball and Palace down tools.
But come on all city fans should have a soft spot for Palace, oh the tears ;-)
I certainly do, oh what a night! Similarly Mourinho with Chelsea and that brilliant man Demba Ba!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.