Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if he's clever he'll go for the FA Cup this year, he can then say he's won everything with them and beating United, West Ham then the other 3 games is much more likely than them winning the league.
CL qualification is far more important to the powers above though. Not sure it’s his call to go for the FA Cup.

CL qualification is far more important to the powers above though. Not sure it’s his call to go for the FA Cup.

True, if he is serious about missing out on CL being a real worry then I imagine he will have to focus entirely on the league.

If they miss out on 4th I think they are done as title challengers for a season or two, already reports out yesterday he isnt happy because he wants a new CB but has been told the money isn't there. Wijnaldum needs replacing, they need a striker, another CB...

It would probably take another big injury or another month of results like January's for them to be in real danger of finishing 5th though.

Pre Burnley I figured they'd chuck the Cup by playing the kids again but I don't think they can afford to drop out of form players and expect any different come the league.

So I reckon they'll go pretty strong which in turn will lead to Klopp moaning about fixtures..

#FSGOUT trending on Twitter ;)

The special breeds are not happy they won't bankroll a Central Defender. Klopp's mini cry yesterday clearly adding fire to the flames.
...but, but, but, Klopp doesn't just go and buy new players, he works with what he's got and is such a special, special manager that everybody he coaches just gets better and better and better until they're the bestest ever! I thought that was the mantra of the cult, and that simply spending money to plug gaps in their playing personnel was what "the bald fraud" (as they call Pep) did. I'm confused ;)

Last edited:
He's been quoted saying transfers aren't his call. This could be a sign of friction with the board and a way of putting pressure on to release funds, but as we all know Jurgen doesn't agree with big transfer fees and isnt that kind of manager...OR maybe the Coutinho money has finally run out.

When you look at it perhaps the greatest team Liverpool have ever had will be remembered for winning maybe 2 major cups and also winning a league that will be forgotten about very quickly .
Unfortunately, history rewriting and myth will take over - they will be remembered as Klopp's all conquering record breaking side. Future great teams will be compared to '99 united, arsenal invincibles and Klopp's record breakers; conveniently ignoring the best team of the PL era and true record breakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.