Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can remember being uncomfortably squashed against the barriers in the Kippax in the days when standing was routine and you could pay at the turnstile to get in.
No matter how much the dippers try to suppress the truth about Heysel there will always be those who remember.
No one should die as a result of following a football team.
This all day long

Nobody should ever die at a game

I used to follow Everton home and away in the 80s/ early 90s. Have seen people bunk in the Derby games at Goodison and Anfield. As someone has already stated the away games would see some scamming going on. I saw it from away fans at our place in the bigger games. I have never understood the violence, banter yes, but why the fighting? I was once caught up in it after a game at Arsenal and believe me, I had no option but to fight or I would have got beaten badly. It sickened me and stopped me going to away games. That was the sad part of the game and sadly it is still around today but not on the same level thank god.

I remember before the all-seater stadiums how dodgy it was being in a packed crowd. The sway when a goal was scored, the pushing and climbing on each other to get a better view of a corner or a free kick, and the often cramped conditions that were dangerous at times. And this was going on all around the country. The atmosphere was amazing though and I loved it. I guess it is one of those things about being young as I would never want to do it again now. Leave me in my nice seat now moaning about Toffees ha ha.

There was some bad times but good ones as well. I have had some funny days with opposite fans.

Not that I'm confessing to being an older poster, but yes it happened all the time, and ground/stand-hopping too, our kid and a couple of mates used to go just to see how many times they could go around the stands in one match.
I remember stand hopping a couple of times for a laugh back in the day.
I went to Spotland once around 89/90 ish when we didn't have a game and walked right around the stadium un-impeded

Can't say I did but I was a naive teenager at the time.
Used to have a season ticket so went to the st turnstiles at home and don't remember it at the away games I went to but I usually bought a ticket in advance.
before and after the days of tickets.

Happened at Stockport County once big time....City climbing over the wall and I got in by giving the turnstile guy a tenner.

Climbing in , paying turnstile lads, jibbing under or over turnstiles and doubling up (home and away)

You gotta have seen that

North stand - kippax corner, absolute doddle for youngsters at the time.

Jibbed in everywhere away during the 90s, easy double up with any of the older lads - fat cnuts not included.

IMO Easiest jib is the new Wembley & Ewood Park. Most difficult upton park, tiny turnstiles

before and after the days of tickets.

Happened at Stockport County once big time....City climbing over the wall and I got in by giving the turnstile guy a tenner.
I'm sure it went on and was rife, I just didn't see it myself ( call me Arsene Wenger:) )
I was also very naive back then before I turned into a cynical middle aged twat.

This all day long

Nobody should ever die at a game

I used to follow Everton home and away in the 80s/ early 90s. Have seen people bunk in the Derby games at Goodison and Anfield. As someone has already stated the away games would see some scamming going on. I saw it from away fans at our place in the bigger games. I have never understood the violence, banter yes, but why the fighting? I was once caught up in it after a game at Arsenal and believe me, I had no option but to fight or I would have got beaten badly. It sickened me and stopped me going to away games. That was the sad part of the game and sadly it is still around today but not on the same level thank god.

I remember before the all-seater stadiums how dodgy it was being in a packed crowd. The sway when a goal was scored, the pushing and climbing on each other to get a better view of a corner or a free kick, and the often cramped conditions that were dangerous at times. And this was going on all around the country. The atmosphere was amazing though and I loved it. I guess it is one of those things about being young as I would never want to do it again now. Leave me in my nice seat now moaning about Toffees ha ha.

There was some bad times but good ones as well. I have had some funny days with opposite fans.
Some great memories I can relate to but like you I wouldn't go back to it now.
I think I'd seize up if I had to stand up for that long now.
Used to see some dirty bastards who couldn't be arsed using the bogs pissing on the terraces too which was disgusting.
Got ambushed a few times at away games which was erm fun.

Some great memories I can relate to but like you I wouldn't go back to it now.
I think I'd seize up if I had to stand up for that long now.
Used to see some dirty bastards who couldn't be arsed using the bogs pissing on the terraces too which was disgusting.
Got ambushed a few times at away games which was erm fun.
Yep, the pissy brigade. utter scum. We also had them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.