Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a daily mooch on RAWK.
It's as though their posts are written knowing full well our fans are on their reading. The amount of posters on there who seemingly don't care about is quite amazing. They don't care about us that much they take the time out to air it publicly, as I say for our own reading.

The reality is they care a hell of a bloody lot!

It was indeed. I stopped short of using the other bingo phrases, emptihad, oil money etc that are trotted out. I have said before I cringe at the whole money making "brand" thing that football has become now...as with the money comes more jealousy and ill thought out comments. It makes people forget that the rivalry should be about what goes on on the pitch rather than any other bullshit.

I fully accept that there are knobs out there who go full bullshit and bluster at the slightest issue ( I work with one who starts texting work mates at the drop of a hat when we do anything good/score a goal etc) and every club has them. With the global "branding", the glory hunting fans ( I am very wary of making that crap claim of having more fans) but with that comes the likelihood of a higher proportion of dickheads as they have bought into the whole "This Means More".

Now I am not on RAWK and think I may have visited there once, but I do see the odd comment on here that does come close to some of the stuff that goes on there....but do agree that the level is far less here.
I like to see occasional posts from proper fans of other clubs. Much of the time it is good hearted banter or even congratulatory to us.
However, it is a City forum and when the chips are down our bias will always prevail.
I remember a time when commentators on MOTD used to say, "Well the top 4 will always be the top 4...".
I (along with so many more) never subscribed to this view, I believe that true competition is everything and the more teams competing for the title the better, as it makes the joy of winning it all the more satisfying.
Who wants a 2 or 3 team league?
From where we were, say losing to Oldham 2-1 at home, in what would have been the 3rd division, to the Aguerrooo moment has been beyond my wildest dreams, unbelievable!
When we won that title, we gave hope to so many, that their clubs could get to the top too.(eg Leicester).
We broke the old hierarchy that day.
And where we are now is incredible.
We don't cheat, we don't dive, we don't get in the referees' face or brick other teams buses. We just play football and screw the rest.
You know, we used to sing about being the best team in the land and all the world, we were too, in so many ways, but now we really are on top of the world and on the pitch too!

There’s no way a team that crumbles like this, from being champions, could be described as ‘great’. Very good, no doubt, but definitely not great.

If you can be properly described as great, it’s all about retaining the title, remember?
When you say ‘team‘ does that include the officials, broadcasters and media?

Still pissed off with all the help they received over the previous 2 seasons. It was so blatant that even though United finished 2nd the season before, and Liverpool 4th, a full 25 points behind us, Sky’s main feature for its season long marketing campaign was all about Liverpool and Salah’s long range lob over Ederson.

From that, one could assume that Sky already knew what was to come.

A lot of their social media fans appear to be of the belief that they will bag either Mbappe or Haaland next season and that they can go again at that point. Not sure why they cannot just use the Countinho money and bag both, tbh.
Agreed. They could also use some of it to build Everton’s new stadium and lease it back to them, and pay for vaccines for the entire third world. It might leave them down to the last 3 billion of the fee received, but they are a special club after all !

Agreed. They could also use some of it to build Everton’s new stadium and lease it back to them, and pay for vaccines for the entire third world. It might leave them down to the last 3 billion of the fee received, but they are a special club after all !
Absolutely, the possibilities are endless with the Coutinho money. They should have used a little of it to sign Jules Kounde in January though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.