Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a look at John Aldridge’s Twitter posts. Jeezo, this guy is seriously paranoid and suffering from an inferiority complex way off the scale.
I can just imagine Harry Enfield doing the voiceover for all these tweets in all those Scousers sketches.
Funny how Aldridge has more appearances for Newport County (170), Oxford United (104) and Tranmere Rovers (243) but like a glory hunting idiot only ever talks about Liverpool - the team he played the least number of games for (83) - besides Real Sociedad.

Funny how Aldridge has more appearances for Newport County (170), Oxford United (104) and Tranmere Rovers (243) but like a glory hunting idiot only ever talks about Liverpool - the team he played the least number of games for (83) - besides Real Sociedad.
And the biggest impact he ever made in scouse shirt was at wembley vs Dave Beasant

Worlds greatest fans ?
13 have already had their final tickets cancelled by the club after they tried to sell them online. The minimum was for £1,700.
The club has also contacted a number of ticket agencies asking the remove other tickets for sale.
Feral fuckers.

There is an air of serious mental illness amongst these people. I'm pretty certain of that. The seething, intense hatred they have for everyone outside of their bubble is deeply disturbing. The frenetic sabre-rattling towards us over the last few years has escalated to the point that I believe it is not about football. It is nothing to do with us being successful, or being better than them, it's generation after generation of ingrained hatred to those they see as outsiders, being allowed to fester for way too long.

In all sincerity, I don't believe they hate Manchester City, the football club. They just hate Manchester. They probably hate Sheffield, Birmingham, London - in fact any major British city simply because it's not Liverpool. And nobody starts thinking like that overnight: that's why I believe it's generational. Parochialism on that sort of scale is nurtured.

To Liverpudlians xenophobia seems to be a cultural thing.
Most of them are not from Liverpool it seems to attract a certain type of person, easily lead, highly emotional, irrational in their devotion, in times past they would have been religious fundamentalists, or cult members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.