Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see them beating Real. It's Real's year, their run and come backs makes it written in the stars, imo.

Pool without Thiago and possibly Fabinho, they've looked crap recently. Vini + Benz will have a field
Whilst I believe you’re only job is to beat the team in front of you and if you get an easy draw (we’ll that’s the luck of it).

It is worth pointing out Liverpool have not beat anyone of note (fair play not really lost either), but smart money would be on a draw.

None of the top 4 in the league
Cups on penalties
Us in the semi (but we all knew it was decided as much by the CL games)
Athletico in CL (but how big a result is beating someone if it does not stop them qualifying)

The stats are impressive but not an amazing result showing that they are a great team.

I see Klopp won Manager of the year. Cant argue with that really. Record stands for itself. Hes taken 137 million pounds of annual salaried players (with 6 or 7 of the best players in their positions according to many "teams of the year") and turned that into SECOND place in the league, failing to win it for the 6th time in 7 tries. Sure, his teams never once beat a top 4 side in the league. But he didn't stop there to be fair as his teams failed to score goals in both cup finals. And who can forget how he ran the gauntlet of Villareal, Benfica and Inter in the UCL knockout phase to reach the final.

Incredible.

I see Klopp won Manager of the year. Cant argue with that really. Record stands for itself. Hes taken 137 million pounds of annual salaried players (with 6 or 7 of the best players in their positions according to many "teams of the year") and turned that into SECOND place in the league, failing to win it for the 6th time in 7 tries. Sure, his teams never once beat a top 4 side in the league. But he didn't stop there to be fair as his teams failed to score goals in both cup finals. And who can forget how he ran the gauntlet of Villareal, Benfica and Inter in the UCL knockout phase to reach the final.

Incredible.
You may scoff, but if the CL final is scoreless and they win on penalties I can see a petition to let them keep all three trophies permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.