Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is though, he’s missed 15 games to injury…. in his entire career.

15 games in 11 years. Might be the fittest player the league has ever had tbh, so I wouldn’t expect many missed games this season. A couple at most
I don’t wish injury on the lad but anything can happen.

If we play as we did at Anfield when they come to the Etihad, in any ordinary world we will beat them, barring multiple colossal Ref/VAR interventions - which unfortunately is very possible
If not very likely.

I'm still not wholly convinced despite how many goals they've been scoring. They seem weaker than between 2018-2020. However they're still beating the shit teams with ease, still scoring in any game they've struggled in, and they have pedigree of going the distance so they will likely be a big challenge for the duration of the season.

If we play as we did at Anfield when they come to the Etihad, in any ordinary world we will beat them, barring multiple colossal Ref/VAR interventions - which unfortunately is very possible
Probably get Tierney reffing it with Alty forth official and Attwell on VAR.

Sometimes you have to take your hats off to a player and just admire their undoubted ability. Salah is simply a phenomenal talent who at present looks like scoring whenever he has a chance.

As for their team in general they look strong at the moment, but City and Chelsea are both capable of matching them and going on long unbeaten runs. I think the title race will be decided on how each team fares against each other, strap yourselves in folks it's going to be one hell of a ride.

Looks like they've lost Keita and probably MIlner from the squad for a while after yesterday. To think what they did to United with those 2 and Henderson in midfield shows how terrible United were - and they went even worse when Pogbad came on. They carried on beating the lower level teams - and that's this current United lot.
Liverpool flat track bullies? With Salah in the team, they can go a long way but I'd be surprised if they finish above us. It's going to be a good competition this season though. It's hard to judge how good they are becasue United were so pathetic, but, I was impressed with Trent and Henderson yeasterday. Salah is world class - and possibly in a class of his own - bit odd that United decided not to mark him for most of the 1st half really!

Salah playing as well as anyone in world football, Firmino rediscovering his form, their defence looking more solid...

It's going to be an exciting season and we might need 90+ to retain the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.