Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not wholly convinced despite how many goals they've been scoring. They seem weaker than between 2018-2020. However they're still beating the shit teams with ease, still scoring in any game they've struggled in, and they have pedigree of going the distance so they will likely be a big challenge for the duration of the season.
IMO Salah is the difference this season. He seemed to have elevated to another level, but their defence have dropped one. Van Dijk isn't the rock at the back he was - still good, but not as colossal. Having lost Wijnaldum in the summer, and Harvey Elliot to injury might have hurt their midfield.

Overall, still a very dangerous team but would be interesting to see how they handle AFCON.

IMO Salah is the difference this season. He seemed to have elevated to another level, but their defence have dropped one. Van Dijk isn't the rock at the back he was - still good, but not as colossal. Having lost Wijnaldum in the summer, and Harvey Elliot to injury might have hurt their midfield.

Overall, still a very dangerous team but would be interesting to see how they handle AFCON.
They are playing incredibly well at the moment with the front three flying but they still look weak in midfield. It is amazing that Milner is still getting a game for example. The fullbacks have regained their form though and they are formidable going forward. But it's a long season and a lot depends on injuries. City, Chelsea, and Liverpool are miles ahead of the rest.

I watched the second half of rags/dippers yesterday with my stepson who is a dipper.
He was complaining loudly that Ronaldo had not been sent off and mentioned that away teams rarely got decisions at Old Trafford and Anfield. Cue a rant from him about how I am always slagging off Liverpool and how hard done by they are by referees.
I then point out that the Ronaldo decision did not affect the result unlike the failure to punish Milner when we played the dippers. Cue much shouting from him, the wife coming in and telling me off and my exit to the pub.
They really are a cult - no chance of rational discussion and unfortunately the wife's side of the family is infested with them. On any other topic most of them are reasonable but football - not a chance.

Mo Salah is the best player in the world right now. Scores so consistently and he's not even playing as an out and out CF.

I still think unless anything derails lfc they will win the title this year. They've found that mojo again and they've added to their ranks with some better players, they're getting strength in depth. Hopefully we or Chelsea can maintain and keep up with lfc but its looking ominous right now, and they've been buoyed up by that win against shit united.

thing is, players are afraid to close him down. Yes left footed players are tricky to defend against. But take yday for example, shaw was hesitant few times as was Maguire. Same with Cancelo/Laporte. U gotta give him less time to think. Get him on his weakest foot. Yes good player, and is very consistent. Best in the league right now, but some of his goals are preventive.

They are playing incredibly well at the moment with the front three flying but they still look weak in midfield. It is amazing that Milner is still getting a game for example. The fullbacks have regained their form though and they are formidable going forward. But it's a long season and a lot depends on injuries. City, Chelsea, and Liverpool are miles ahead of the rest.
Despite my comment earlier, I think they are beatable and they are vulnerable down their right side as Trent Arnold although great going forward is weak defensively.

We were comfortably the better team in our recent game and, in a fairly officiated game, would have likely won and be above them in the table.
They are bang in form at the moment but have shown that they can look very ordinary. It will be interesting to see what Bingo prioritises this season and whether he does his normal trick of binning off the domestic cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.