Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I’m not the only one who thinks this but there’s something really unhinged about him. His post match interview is very uncomfortable, I can’t tell if he’s about to cry or punch the interviewer, but contrast that with how he is when he’s won and it’s like a child after 2 litres of coca-cola.
I thought this a long time ago. Wasn't it a ballboy at Everton who was slow in throwing the ball back, and for a split second it looked like Bingo was going to thump the kid?

There is definitely something sinister about him: A split personality, maybe? If his team wins he comes across a a bit like Lady Diana, all sideways glances - shy and diffident, almost timid in demeanour. But if the dippers lose he suddenly turns into some wild-eyed, neurotic, homicidal madman who should have been locked in a padded cell many years ago.
He cuts a most bizarre figure on the touchline: tight tracksuit bottoms and gleaming white teeth as he leaps about like a demented Mick Jagger, flailing arms and contorted facial features. Strutting about and playing to the crowd - he should be a TV presenter for a remake of 'It's A Knockout.'

Yes the police on the continent don't take any messing and as sports spectators we know that, understand it and accept it. Liverpool fans simply have this air of arrogance and entitlement. They overstepped the mark and the police, albeit more trigger happy than ours, responded as expected. Dippers have only themselves to blame (and of course everyone else). Have somehow managed to attend many sporting occasions in Paris, Spain and elsewhere without being batoned, peppered, or charged.

That will never happen as that’s a confession of guilt for hillsborough. I’m not saying hillsborough was all their fault, but the underlying problem here is their fans rocking up in numbers to stadiums without tickets.
Hillsborough was totally different. The stadium was a death trap. The worst crush I have ever been in was watching City there a few years before the disaster and I left that match against Sheffield Wednesday at half time. The stadium did not even have a safety licence. They were different times with fences and pens and all the risks associated with crumbling infrastructure. I suspect what happened last night was the same as the Athens final. Lots got in without tickets while the decent fans paid the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.