Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been in a right sulk since we got knocked out by Madrid more so for selfish reasons as I had everything booked, gutted was an understatement. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but I’m kind of glad we didn’t go now. The trip over alongside them Scousers would have been horrendous , I’m not sure we would have beaten them either . Madrid we’re superb last night and played with balls and defended really well.
If it's any help bud just flown in from Brussels with a plane load ,paid £2 for the flight was worth £10k :+)

Liverpool fans referencing Hillsborough in the context of Saturday night would do well to remember all the above.

While you would believe that thought would be paramount in the minds of their support,unfortunately their arrogance and complete lack of self awareness means it's completely lost on them.

Genuinely,they are a different breed.

Firstly, there will be no doubt that many fans will have turned up (inadvertently or otherwise) without the legitimate means to enter the ground. The supporting narrative is too strong for that not to be the case. The authorities have to respond to something like that on the spot. As things develop. Inaction isn’t an option. A strident response seems proportionate given the associated risk of not reacting.

If South Yorkshire Police had deployed the same approach as the French police on Saturday, then Hilsborough most likely wouldn’t have happened, as supporters wouldn’t have been let into the ground at that fateful time.

The safety of those in the stadium has to be paramount, and history has proven that one wrong decision by the authorities in that situation can cost many lives. That has to underpin any decision made on the spot.

Liverpool fans referencing Hillsborough in the context of Saturday night would do well to remember all the above.
Very good points.

With this in mind, someone on here yesterday said that Ian Byrne - MP for Liverpool and West Derby - said the police should've opened the gates on Saturday night. Now I don't know for sure whether Ian Byrne definitely did say this but if he did, in light of what happened at Hillsborough, and given that he has been heavily involved with the Hillsborough justice campaigns, it's a truly staggering suggestion to make.

Firstly, there will be no doubt that many fans will have turned up (inadvertently or otherwise) without the legitimate means to enter the ground. The supporting narrative is too strong for that not to be the case. The authorities have to respond to something like that on the spot. As things develop. Inaction isn’t an option. A strident response seems proportionate given the associated risk of not reacting.

If South Yorkshire Police had deployed the same approach as the French police on Saturday, then Hilsborough most likely wouldn’t have happened, as supporters wouldn’t have been let into the ground at that fateful time.

The safety of those in the stadium has to be paramount, and history has proven that one wrong decision by the authorities in that situation can cost many lives. That has to underpin any decision made on the spot.

If this is correct what the French police are saying then surly they will have proof of counterfeit tickets.

Very good points.

With this in mind, someone on here yesterday said that Ian Byrne - MP for Liverpool and West Derby - said the police should've opened the gates on Saturday night. Now I don't know for sure whether Ian Byrne definitely did say this but if he did, in light of what happened at Hillsborough, and given that he has been heavily involved with the Hillsborough justice campaigns, it's a truly staggering suggestion to make.
The people who are roundly criticising the actions of the French police against innocent fans with bona fide tickets have no idea of the reasoning behind that approach, but it’s likely down to the number of attendees without legitimate tickets, some of whom were already in the stadium.

In fact, I’d be amazed if that wasn’t the case.

2598901F-99D1-498A-BC63-DFB31C4C6ABA.jpeg
New Product Information

The Dipper Diaper

Limited Edition Paris Collection.
for those that shit the bed in Paris. Especially useful for absorbing tear gas, Ventolin, phlegm and bullshit.
also available “Slip” edition as endorsed by Stevie Gerrard.

Product only available in Norway,ROI, Singapore and Miseryside, England.

Very good points.

Maybe he was a bit absent minded as he's busy preparing the 'Hillsborough' lessons for us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.