Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I let my two seats for last night to Nime run too - checked in as well, Flight left an hour late which meant anyone getting the train to Paris would have missed it. Hopefully they were giving it the last call bollocks all that time.

Small Victories!
As a follow on from this I checked in for my return flight last night bordeaux to Manchester for the same reason, woke up this morning to an email apologising for the 3 hour 40 minute delay, looks like it landed at gone 4am and I am entitled to 500 euros compensation. What a lovely weekend.

Apparently those jumping the fences in Paris were local kids, and it was just a couple. It takes seconds to find videos showing that these jumpers were wearing Liverpool tops, quite a few have Scouse accents and although I can't count them all, it's likey hundreds of them doing it.

We're watching history being rewritten in real time via blackouts and smear campings it's quite amazing to watch the Liverpool PR team in action. Thing is, with modern technology and social media they should be able to get away with it.

Step one, deny everything
Step two, blame someone else
Step three, take offence

Next they'll be telling us that the local Paris kids bought those Liverpool tops to blend in, have been taking Scouse accent lessons for months in preparation and have therefore stolen the identity and good reputation of Liverpool.

The media blackout on Heysel and even the inability to look at the Paris events even handed is so disappointing. There are questions to be answered which Liverpool may not like, but I think everyone expects it tobe brushed under the carpet as usual.

I can accept the idea that the stadium got it wrong, the police were heavy handed, innocents were tear gassed. But unless they are honest in their investigation then they are not going to get the truth. Liverpool, their fans and their conduct all contributed to a potentially devastating event.

Then whist crowing about the unfairness of it all and the potentially fatal consequences they could have faced, demanding a faux investigation, they go and have a party on the anniversary of a match they played in where fans actually died, and 14 of their fans were prosecuted for this. Did Liverpool FC even say anything about Heysel officially yesterday? Imagine if there was a title winning parade on the date of Hillsborough, they'd go apocalyptic.

Maybe they are Parisian Liverpool fans or do only Norwegian, Irish, Singaporean fans count.

I have seen it mooted on here but did these two things really occur?

Did Klipperty say, even without a ticket, still come to Paris?

Did Spitty actually say it's ok to jump the gate/fence to gain illegal entry?
I think the first thing from Klopp is fine to be honest. No doubt many City fans went to Porto without tickets just for the experience and to support the Club. Many more would have gone to Paris without tickets if we had got past RM.

But what spitty said was just stupid, but he's not the sharpest tool in the box as we all know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.