Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp's spending whilst at Liverpool, Van Dijk at £75m, second most expensive defender of all time. Allison at £68m second most expensive gk of all time and Nunez at £85m fourth most expensive PL player of all time and the Dippers keep on complaining about City spending and so called buying the League?

Wankathon commencing…

Posted at 8:048:04
Get Involved
#bbcfootball
Is Darwin Nunez going to be a hit in the Premier League? Will it be money well spent by Liverpool?

Loving that they're getting some stick for being hypocrites.

It might have gone under the radar for a lot of posters (or people have simply forgotten) but Klopp has previously been called out in some sections of the media for his Pogba comments back around the time they bought Van Dijk and Allison for big money. IIRC one reporter asked him to his face about it. Klopp's justification of his rank hypocrisy was utterly laughable. It went something along the lines of: "I've changed my mind since them. Am I not allowed to change my mind?"

Oh, that's alright then Jurgen. Roughly translated, I think what he really meant to say was "I never really had an issue with United spending that kind of money on Pogba. In fact, I was a bit envious that my own club weren't prepared to spend that big at the time but I'd never get away with saying that as it could cost me my job so instead I used deflection tactics while trying to make myself look morally superior into the bargain"

It might have gone under the radar for a lot of posters (or people have simply forgotten) but Klopp has previously been called out in some sections of the media for his Pogba comments back around the time they bought Van Dijk and Allison for big money. IIRC one reporter asked him to his face about it. Klopp's justification of his rank hypocrisy was utterly laughable. It went something along the lines of: "I've changed my mind since them. Am I not allowed to change my mind?"

Oh, that's alright then Jurgen. Roughly translated, I think what he really meant to say was "I never really had an issue with United spending that kind of money on Pogba. In fact, I was a bit envious that my own club weren't prepared to spend that big at the time but I'd never get away with saying that as it could cost me my job so instead I used deflection tactics while trying to make myself look morally superior into the bargain"
Just further evidence, if ever it were needed, that Klopp is full of shit! Sound bites that would make Andy B green with envy!

Wow, with Nunez signing, I can't imagine what this team is going to win next season. The best manager/goalkeeper/left back/right back/centre back/central midfielder/wingers and now best striker in the world.I mean - who can even get close to them next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.