Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason he started the team was because Houlding (a brewer) had been selling vast quantities of beer at Everton games, and when they left he lost a large revenue stream.

Liverpool were founded to sell drinks, they are essentially the 19th century Red Bull Salzburg.
That's not quite correct. Houlding already owned the Sandon pub but had been prevented from selling his beer in the ground by the rest of the Everton board.

So he arranged for his mate to buy the land that was needed to access Anfield & hike up the rent to an unaffordable level, thereby forcing Everton out. He then needed a team to fill Anfield so bought a load of players.

But you're right that they were a team formed to sell beer. The hypocrisy of any Liverpool fans who accuse of having no history or being a "plastic" club is quite clear. Most teams, even United, developed from smaller, amateur teams and had some fans before they became the teams they are today. There wasn't one single Liverpool fan before Houlding got his cheque book out.

Gerrard - “I’ll always be authentic. If anyone doubts my passion, watch me after those two goals.”

No need Steven. You’ve always performed for the cameras. You always knew where one was to kiss when you scored at Old Trafford, you waited for one to join your huddle before launching into your hilarious “slip” rant, your first concern after Crystanbul was not Suarez, it was the camera.

I’ve seen more authenticity in the hands of a lucky lucky man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.