Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really isn't for many reasons
We were on our way to winning it for a 5th consecutive time and 7 times out of a possible 9.
It's an extra and early trip to Wembley.
It's nice to have a trophy under our belt early season.
The high quality football this team is playing won't be around forever so we need to play as many games as we can whilst we are.
I just like to see City play.
Spot on - I hope that we never get like the fans of the scum and dippers and arrogantly act as if some cup finals at Wembley are beneath us

It shows to me that Liverpool are changing priority. They are giving the League Cup higher priority than they have hitherto done. In previous rounds they played young players and reserves. Now it's a priority. Why's that Klopp? Anything happened in the league?

In what way have they been more transparent than other clubs? Their ability to continually create a false narrative is astonishing!View attachment 33733
In fairness, they have been utterly transparent in this matter. Obviously not in the way this chap thinks, but transparent nonetheless.

We were on our way to winning it for a 5th consecutive time and 7 times out of a possible 9.
The high quality football this team is playing won't be around forever so we need to play as many games as we can whilst we are.

If it ends with us lifting the CL at the end of the season,it will be a blessing in disguise,might not seem it at present,but if we do,it's a sacrifice I'm willing to accept,as will many others.

Don't know if that was 'tongue in cheek'?

I am one of those that have always been grateful for the commitment CITY have shown to this competition

I leave it to fans of the red shirt clubs to disrespect it - it is why the top clubs have big squads
There is a cost to going strong in this comp and winning it. In the years we have won it we have only 1 fa Cup and zero CL. I think we have much better chance this year in those 2 comps. The league Cup is the least prestigious of everything we can win. Not even sure it will still be around in 10 years time.

Pepijn Lijnders (Klopp's assistant who took charge the other day) has apparently returned a suspected positive Covid test as well now

I agree but I'd happily trade another EFL cup for the FA cup and I'm not sure if we can do both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.