Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the wake of recent EFL fixture postponements due to COVID-19 cases at Clubs, the EFL has also provided guidance on non-fulfilment of fixtures, confirming that Clubs will be expected to play where it has 14 players including a goalkeeper available from the Club’s registered squad list, Under 21 players not on the squad list but have played one League match, or any other contracted player not on the squad list but otherwise would have been eligible to play.
That makes it very clear. On the face of it, looks like they should have enough to play but I have the feeling they'll get away with a postponement.

That makes it very clear. On the face of it, looks like they should have enough to play but I have the feeling they'll get away with a postponement.

That's for the Championship, League 1 and 2 to be fair, it's not explicitly for the cup.

But I did see in one article that the EFL were liasing with the club to see what absences were injuries and AFCON and which were covid, which made me think they're not going to just waive it through.

I have no issues with Liverpool postponing the EFL semi finals and maybe even their FA cup tie and a couple of EPL games too. Their fixture congestion in the latter parts of the season, specially when Champs league starts up again, will be massive! Be hilarious watching them play 3 games a week to catch up in April & May!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.