Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool had 11 starters and a bench of 7 against Chelsea. They've since lost 3 players to the ACON. So if I were Arsenal, I'd be suspicious....unless they don't have a keeper.
They could get an emergency loan like Soton did if they've not got one.

Barry Siddell available?

I think that if we win the CL this season - to suggest that it was materially because we got knocked out of the EFL cup by West Ham would be a heck of a stretch

I like Pep's attitude - let's go for them all

We arrived at the CL final last year with quite a few players tired and overplayed IMO, Rodri chief among them.

I like that we go for everything and was annoyed we went out, especially the way we did, but I don't think it helped that we were juggling the EFL Cup final, the FA Cup quarters and semi's and the CL knockouts basically back to back.

Hopefully we'll extend this lead at the table into February and get the chance to rest people.

Dias played the 3rd most football in the world last year and the most in 2020, he needs a break.

So do you think we should be able to win all 4 then ?

It's not proven possible over recent years,although only ourselves have been in that position to try to achieve it.

We lost at West Ham on penalties,shit happens,but come May if we are all at Wembley lifting the FA Cup or at St Petersburg lifting the CL,(or both) then the Carabao Cup will not come in to anyone's reckoning.

I'd happily trade either for it as well
If we win the PL, CL or FA Cup - thanks to Pep's attitude - it will not be because we sacrificed the EFL Cup

I love the commitment that we show to the competition - as you say - we lost on penalties - but that was just because shit happens - not because we played a weak team

On the same basis - we got beat in the final of the 2020/21 CL - but I seriously do not think that the reason was anything to do with our commitment to the Carabao Cup

I just think that it is muddled thinking - I have enjoyed all our days out at Wembley and I am delighted at Pep's attitude

If we win the PL, CL or FA Cup - thanks to Pep's attitude - it will not be because we sacrificed the EFL Cup

I love the commitment that we show to the competition - as you say - we lost on penalties - but that was just because shit happens - not because we played a weak team

On the same basis - we got beat in the final of the 2020/21 CL - but I seriously do not think that the reason was anything to do with our commitment to the Carabao Cup

I just think that it is muddled thinking - I have enjoyed all our days out at Wembley and I am delighted at Pep's attitude

We will be back..........just not this season

That's for the Championship, League 1 and 2 to be fair, it's not explicitly for the cup.

But I did see in one article that the EFL were liasing with the club to see what absences were injuries and AFCON and which were covid, which made me think they're not going to just waive it through.
Didn’t Orient get thrown out of the league cup for not being able to field a side due to Covid, this season? Seems like the precedent has been set and the game has to go ahead.
Bit like it went ahead when Liverpool went to the ‘World Championship’..

Liverpool laying it on now “Temporarily closing down training ground”!

If the efl buckle it be a joke with precedent already set with Villa playing there kids orient had to cancel because of Covid also Liverpool pissing of to some tin pot cup and happy to play there kids then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.