Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand how people think this is to their advantage, early January is the lightest period of the schedule until the end of the season, not playing a game now and shoving it in later down the line has no benefits for liverpool.

Seeing the new dates, instead of playing it tomorrow with an easy tie against Shrewsbury on Sunday they now have to play it between 2 league games against Brentford and Palace, I'll take that.
Exactly. Their season is heading for a derailment. The better option for them is forefit and focus on getting the squad fit. These 2 legs and maybe a final just make it more likely the PL games get messed about. There is no way they can fight for 4 trophies.

Haha, in their heads 24/7, the mental gymnastics throughout that article is impressive, even linking Wolves starting 11 as less than the cost of KDB.

The pain is delicious!
In the comments section:

"A more simple comparison can be made by looking at the "Net Spend" difference between Liverpool and Man City. Over the last five years, Liverpool's "net spend" (the price of players added, minus the price of players sold), is about 92 million pounds. Over the same period, Man City's "net spend" is OVER 500 million pounds! You really do not need to look any further than that for an eye-opening, reality-check comparison of the two teams. I have said, before, that looking at those two comparative figures, it is an irrefutable testament to Klopp's greatness as a manager that we have won ANYTHING during that period. It is the antithesis of a 'level financial playing field'."

So, Dipper, tell me about that 'level financial playing field' when you were in division 2 and were given enormous amounts of money to buy the best players to get out of said division. Ah I see. That was different yeah?

A voice of reason:

"Why the desperation to find obscure ways of'proving' that Liverpool (and others) are disadvantaged due to Manchester City's preparedness to spend more than others?
Man City spend what they earn, or so the genuine data indicates. They have no debt, they have investors who have bought equity that can presumably be sold but have not made loans. which have to be repaid. They have built an old underperforming club into a modern behemoth by improving its facilities and management, financial, commercial and managerial. In short the ownership invested well in the location and ability to grow the infrastructure and develop the brand; primed the pump with investment into playing staff and through commercial excellence created the revenue to sustain this and develop it further through reinvested earnings.
FSG and the Glazers have a different model!"

I can't understand how people think this is to their advantage, early January is the lightest period of the schedule until the end of the season, not playing a game now and shoving it in later down the line has no benefits for liverpool.

Seeing the new dates, instead of playing it tomorrow with an easy tie against Shrewsbury on Sunday they now have to play it between 2 league games against Brentford and Palace, I'll take that.
should have just fielded kids then. No excuse not to play the game.

Are there FA cup replays this year?

Be interesting if Shrewsbury managed a draw in the FA Cup...
No replays in FA Cup 3rd & 4th rounds. Liverpool have now lost the benefit of playing the second leg at home. If it goes to extra time & penalties, the home side in the second leg (now Arsenal) should have a slight advantage. Their decision might bite them on the nose especially as few if any of the first team squad would have started anyway.

If they can’t field a team on Thursday surely they will still be in isolation at the weekend meaning the fa cup game can’t be played ? So why hasn’t that been called off ? Or will there be a miracle and they are all suddenly clear .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.