Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's dubious whether it's good for Liverpool to postpone games. The fixtures with Arsenal are set now around their league games with Brentford and Palace, and I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped points, especially at Palace (the game is 64 hours after the 2nd leg vs Arsenal and they'll have to travel to London twice within 3 days, far from ideal). The game vs Leeds will be in February, and if they beat Arsenal and reach the final, the fixture congestion will be really bad and may affect their performances both in the EPL and the CL.
Yeah, something will give…!!

Have to say I think you are correct.
Klopp knows that the league has gone or at best is very very unlikely and so needs something, or sees it as a better possibility than ECL or FAC, so has gone for the postponement.
As has been pointed out in other posts, we played the "kids" in this comp numerous times even when there wasnt a covid issue, so why not now?
I think there is only one real answer.
I think therefore it is only right is, as Liverpools "European Royalty" correspondent on earth, i now pass the banner and title of "Mentality Monsters" on to City.

The postponement is also in my view shortsighted from the fixtures POV. Fixture pile up isnt going to help anyone and top 4 should not be taken for granted. Spuds have games in hand and Conte has them motivated, Chelsea despite odd glitches grind out results and Arsenal are improving all the time.
Lets hope it fucks up their champions league aspirations.

I am slightly miffed that this may impact Arteta's league games. He and Conte might very well push U out of the CL spot. Klopp seems to be flailing about without a clear goal. The Tottenham/Chelsea match went ahead, so his dream of having an one-legged semi-final is done and gone. He should have just played the academy players and be done with it, as had been his usual way.

I am slightly miffed that this may impact Arteta's league games. He and Conte might very well push U out of the CL spot. Klopp seems to be flailing about without a clear goal. The Tottenham/Chelsea match went ahead, so his dream of having an one-legged semi-final is done and gone. He should have just played the academy players and be done with it, as had been his usual way.

I wouldn’t worry too much, United are very poor. I doubt they will make top 4.

It's dubious whether it's good for Liverpool to postpone games. The fixtures with Arsenal are set now around their league games with Brentford and Palace, and I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped points, especially at Palace (the game is 64 hours after the 2nd leg vs Arsenal and they'll have to travel to London twice within 3 days, far from ideal). The game vs Leeds will be in February, and if they beat Arsenal and reach the final, the fixture congestion will be really bad and may affect their performances both in the EPL and the CL.
"they'll have to travel to London twice within 3 days"
Wow, imagine a team doing that, especially over new year and a morning kick off to boot, with a subs bench full of kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.