Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine my surprise all four of their keepers have Covid.

So they had a break when Leeds called their game off over Xmas, just days after Klopp said he would like one of his games during the period postponed.

And now he is dragging out the League Cup commitment, despite him insisting the kids were more than good enough to represent them in previous years, his dismissive nature of the competition.

They will drag this out for as long as they can, by which time, Salad, Mane and Keita will have missed hardly anything and the Champions League will be around the corner.

Last edited:

So they had a break when Leeds called their game off over Xmas, just days after Klopp said he wools like one of his games during the period postponed.

And now he is dragging out the League Cup commitment, despite him insisting the kids were more than good enough to represent them in previous years, his dismissive nature of the competition.

They will drag this out for as long as they can, by which time, Salad, Mane and Keita will have missed hardly anything and the Champions League will be around the corner.

IMG-20220105-WA0015.jpg

So they had a break when Leeds called their game off over Xmas, just days after Klopp said he wools like one of his games during the period postponed.

They were all available for the Leeds game though, so all he's achieved is avoiding 1 game they'd miss, but having to play 2 when they come back, fitted in to an already packed schedule. Plus those 3 aren't even getting a rest as they're playing at AFCON

It really isn't for many reasons
We were on our way to winning it for a 5th consecutive time and 7 times out of a possible 9.
It's an extra and early trip to Wembley.
It's nice to have a trophy under our belt early season.
The high quality football this team is playing won't be around forever so we need to play as many games as we can whilst we are.
I just like to see City play.
Normally I would agree but not this year, the dates for the last round and Semi's are awful.

Rather have what we have now than what we could've had by playing the extra games involved in this competition.

The never guilty getting more time me off than us, or a nice covid holiday to quote that wanker Klopp. I hope Pep mentions it in his news conference, also reminds them how many players we have lost to that and injuries.

It's dubious whether it's good for Liverpool to postpone games. The fixtures with Arsenal are set now around their league games with Brentford and Palace, and I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped points, especially at Palace (the game is 64 hours after the 2nd leg vs Arsenal and they'll have to travel to London twice within 3 days, far from ideal). The game vs Leeds will be in February, and if they beat Arsenal and reach the final, the fixture congestion will be really bad and may affect their performances both in the EPL and the CL.

What on earth is TPI?
I’m think it’s something like it is Transfer Price Inflation.

Sometimes that can be quite interesting - e.g. when United signed Ferdinand his £29m was the modern day equivalent of well over £100m.

They’ve unsurprisingly used it as a stick to beat City with…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.