Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair it looks like many teams were just under capacity. United got 72,000 for example. Despite the media hype about "full crowds" quite a few fans were unable to attend because of other factors. This affects all clubs. Many people have Covid (including me) or have deferred or are self isolating or have family or work issues sparked by Covid etc etc. When you add the "panic" over digital tickets and the virtual collapse of transport infrastructure round Manchester then yesterday's attendance of 51,500 was fantastic, especially since Norwich sent back 1500 tickets!
A bloke called Tony who sat in front of me in 121 died of COVID during this pandemic. Such a shame he was a lovely man.
RIP mate.

I am usually impressed with the quality of put downs, insults etc on this forum. As I have said in the past, it is the main reason I remain here...as well as to occasionally "talk football".

Your initial comment I completely agree with and you are spot on......you have indeed posted a picture of empty seats that you dont see on TV.
However, I do think that you need to maybe qualify your addition to the attachment. "Half full v Burnley"...do we know when the picture was taken? What site did you copy it from? Did you actually mean to say "one stand half full"?
Or are you just using "half full" in a very loose term?
I personally thought that there were quite a few more than 26,687 present.
If not I am surprised that nobody is calling in HMRC over false declarations of income due to statements as to actual attendance which I think yesterday they stated as 53,394

Thanks for caring about Liverpool enough to mock them. I was getting a little worried as the trafford borough lot appear to be getting alot more posts than the dippers so far this year
Refers to his beloved Grieverpool as Dippers, the dopey bell wipe

I would hazard a guess quite a few of our match going fans have passed through Covid? I wonder how many roughly.
The MEN had figures for the Greater Manchester area of about 7000 a few months back and we have an older fan demographic than any other clubs. It's impossible to say but there must be hundreds of regular City fans and there will be few families not affected. It's a very sad and sobering thought. It gives a context to those stupid jibes abut empty seats.

Last edited:
Absolutely hate the bastards everything about them. Having said that, Seriously good side and contenders to challenge for the title.
Way too early to say based on Norwich and Burnley. They were top and prob bookmaker's favourites well into Dec last year

The MEN had figures for the Greater Manchester area of about 7000 a few months back and we have an older fan demographic than any other clubs. It's impossible to say but there must be hundreds of regular City fans and there will be few families not affected. It's a very sad and sobering thought. It gives a context to those stupid jibes abut empty seats.
Yeah, saw a lot of empty seats at Arsenal yesterday too. It's ridiculous for anyone to criticise fans for not showing up when so many will have lost their jobs too. Particularly ironic when you see people who weren't at a game criticising other people who weren't at a game for not going to the game.

It's 2 grand for a season ticket at Arsenal. Who can afford that in the middle of a pandemic/Brexit double hit to the economy?

Way too early to say based on Norwich and Burnley. They were top and prob bookmaker's favourites well into Dec last year
Yep bang on the money with that comment
Once they get a few injuries and cup competitions kick in I expect similar sob stories to last year
Won’t be as big a collapsible as the fans at anfield will help
Saturdays game with Chelsea is already huge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.