Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came on to say exactly what the poster said about that RAWK comment. So basically they liked us when we weren’t a threat.

RAWK has excelled itself yesterday. Sportswashing seems to be their favourite word. They’re 100% convinced that the press, commentators and media are in our corner. They found some reports on yesterday’s match where the comments were disabled ‘so sportswashing can’t be mentioned’.

Refs help us to wins. BT and Sky love us.

It’s basically an air of everyone hates Liverpool on that forum. Strange bunch.
They are a cult - and woe betide any poster that steps out of line - they get jumped on.

The thing is, I don't even hate Liverpool like a lot of you guys here do. I like watching them play too. But I totally understand why you hate them and I think if I was a rival of theirs they'd get on my tits too. Their elitist condescending attitude towards 'little and undeserving City who we liked more when they weren't a threat' is a very ugly character trait and they'd be better people if they eradicated it. United fans do it too, they started hating Spurs more as Spurs started finishing above them. Before that they didn't see them as a threat so didn't mind them too much. They call other clubs like Everton small clubs too. Yeah Everton aren't as big a club as Liverpool, but so what? They're still a respected and long-standing club who have played a big part in English football. And so were City before the takeover. Just because a club isn't winning stuff doesn't mean they're useless. What Pool and United and Arsenal fans don't get is that clubs who win fuck all are the VAST MAJORITY and without these clubs there would be no leagues or tournaments to compete in anyway.

Just sheer big club elitism that the clubs in my country are guilty of too, and I don't wanna associate myself with that shite. I know if other clubs win something (that aren't elitist clubs like Liverpool or United or Chelsea or Arsenal etc) at the expense of City, you guys will take the attitude ' you beat us fair and square and we weren't good enough this time, but we have won plenty already, so enjoy your turn'. You wouldn't begrudge a team you have no hatred of winning something. I get the feeling United and Liverpool fans would be annoyed if a relatively inoffensive club like Watford or Bournemouth won the FA Cup.

Am I right it saying you arent a City fan which isnt a problem by the way !
But when the dippers attacked our players coach that was it for me. Cant stand them. If the dippers attacked your teams coach it might change your view:)

Am I right it saying you arent a City fan which isnt a problem by the way !
But when the dippers attacked our players coach that was it for me. Cant stand them. If the dippers attacked your teams coach it might change your view:)
Nah I am not a City fan. Honestly, I don't care whether City or Liverpool win the league. Either way it doesn't affect me in terms of I won't have anything to celebrate as a fan of neither, so I have no preference either way, I just like seeing two great teams go toe to toe in recent years. I wouldn't have signed up on a Liverpool forum because of my dislike of Gerrard, and I questioned signing up on here cos honestly, there are some feisty, angry lads on here, but I liked the banter in the United thread (although Rawk's is good too, have to admit their thread titles are good, Ragy hasn't got a Scooby is pretty funny) so decided to join in.

And that is a fair point on the bus incident, those involved that night were wankers for that for sure and unsettled the team before that big CL game.

I have also given opinions on City players, positive and negative, although wasn't sure about the latter cos doesn't feel right to come on a fan forum as an outsider and criticise any of your players. But I was complimentary about others so it evens out.

Feel Brentford can get the 0-0 from what I heard about Thursdays game, dippers must have some trepidation and nerves.
Going over to watch with dipper fan later and if Brentford get the opener I can see dippers folding.

Read this on RAWK a minute ago:

'I actually had a lot of respect for the old City. Decent local fanbase, proper ground (Maine Road), strong away support, mutual hatred of United. All gone now, I have more respect for United than the desperate club that City has now become.'

Translation:

'I liked it when City knew their place, their throats beneath ours and United's foot. I don't like that they're now better than us'.
I think that poster much preferred an era when they could out spend anyone else and do as they pleased at other football stadiums.
Finding anyone a threat to their dominance were result in them rioting to make sure this threat was extinguished, with the European Cup Final 1985 being the classic example.
Fortunately God had other ideas and as made them pay a long hard penance, while deciding to shine down brightly on our club just to cement their pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.