Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, 40 false positive PCR tests. I think the initial thoughts were that it was around 15 LFT false positives but Klipperty has now confirmed them to be PCR tests. What are the odds of that? PCR tests are less likely than an LFT to produce a false positive so the chances of 40 in the same group can only mean that either the tests were faulty, were carried out wrong or the the results were manipulated. Surely the manufacturer would want to investigate to ensure that their product wasn't faulty.
I agree with your conclusion: ie that one of those three reasons are the most likely explanation for this unnecessary cancellation of the Arsenal game, and postponed at Liverpool’s request on the back of their providing this “evidence” to the EFL.

However, nerding out only briefly here, and contrary to the assumption you made above, Lateral Flow Tests producing false positives is very rare (0.03% chance of a single occurrence) * See the United Kingdom Heath Security Agency research published last week.

It’s a common misapprehension which arises, I think, from the slightly concerning tendency of LFTs to regularly produce false negatives.
But LFTs very rarely produce false positives: 3 in 10,000 with Delta, 3 in 100,000 with Omicron.

PCR’s are deemed the “gold standard” of Covid testing simply because they are more sensitive, and pick up slightly lower level infections (less virus needs to be present to trigger a positive) than is necessary with the higher bar (but conveniently rapid) LFTs .

I’ve not read the whole article I’ve mentioned below, but quickly skimmed it and picked out that 180 of 9000 “known to be Covid free participants” in a study produced a false positive using a PCR technique.

By my maths, this demonstrated that (with the PCR technique the researchers investigated) there was a 2% chance of delivering an incorrect (ie false) positive after testing someone previously known to be free of the virus.

One such occurrence is well within the bounds of possibility “just one of those things”. But 40?

The chances of 40 such incidences happening on the run is 0.02 to the power of 40 (ie 0.02 multiplied by itself 40 times in succession).

The percentage chance of that happening independently of seriously faulty equipment, in-club testing procedures and/or lab processing mistakes by their testing partners (if indeed they do outsource - anyone know - or brave enough to ask?)

is 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000011%

(NB there should be 68 zeros after the decimal point. I’ve not bothered to count)

I cordially invite their Yanky owners to “do the math”.

* study published in the Journal of Environmental and Occupational Medicine this month Jan 2022 and freely available online

False Positive Results With SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Tests and How to Evaluate a RT-PCR-Positive Test for the Possibility of a False Positive Result​

Glenn D. Braunstein, MD, Lori Schwartz, MD, FACOEM, [...], and Jonathan Fielding, MD, MPH, MBA

I’m not on Twitter, nor do I know any journalists who could (need) to ask pertinent questions regarding the truth behind what occurred here.

Feel free to quote or borrow from any part of my (hopefully illustrative) calculations or general waffle contained in the numerous posts I’ve made here (and only here) on this forum this week surrounding this curious matter.

If nobody challenges the relevant participants I fear there may be another 39 lost to history.

I already knew they lived in the past but...

MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
xx.gif

Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Faro Financial Fairplayers

« Reply #19850 on: Yesterday at 11:23:06 pm »

Details were not given about their commercial revenue which is an area where they have manipulated things in the past as proved by the articles in Der Spiegel. That area is dodgy as earlier pointed out.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:29:39 pm by MonsLibpool »

I think its fairly well substantiated that the Durrr Spiegel claims were based on the work of a Portuguese criminal who was found to have deliberately edited and spliced emails together to give an impression of guilt - and thereby giving himself a saleable 'product'.

-FSG want to sell Salah whilst his price is high and replace him with Bellingham. It is a Scouse ITK so I would take it with a mountain of salt.

Would piss myself if that occurs though.
If we do not have a main striker already sorted out for January - I would love to see us table a bid for Salah

Fuck the level of fume and boiled piss would keep me laughing for months

Given that he is coming to the end of his contract - we could bid say £40-50m ;-)

Wow, 40 false positive PCR tests. I think the initial thoughts were that it was around 15 LFT false positives but Klipperty has now confirmed them to be PCR tests. What are the odds of that? PCR tests are less likely than an LFT to produce a false positive so the chances of 40 in the same group can only mean that either the tests were faulty, were carried out wrong or the the results were manipulated. Surely the manufacturer would want to investigate to ensure that their product wasn't faulty.
I'm guessing tge thick tw@ts shoved them up their arses by mistake

I already
I think its fairly well substantiated that the Durrr Spiegel claims were based on the work of a Portuguese criminal who was found to have deliberately edited and spliced emails together to give an impression of guilt - and thereby giving himself a saleable 'product'.

I'm not sure we ever found out who was responsible for the "editing and splicing". My guess is it was the journalist rather than Pinto.

Someone above asked what the chances were of having so many false Covid tests? Probably similar odds to a professional football squad having 80% asthmatics in it.

Let’s be clear, they made up the test results so as (a) to get the semi final played at a better time for them and (b) because if they hadn’t delayed the second leg to next week they’d have had to play a rearranged premier league game midweek next week instead, so they delayed it so they won’t have to play an extra game without their synchronised diving team.

If we’d have manipulated Covid test results the authorities would have been all over us, fined for sure and probably have had to forfeit the tie.

Had we been guilty of criminal activity such as computer hacking we’d have been slaughtered, fines, points deductions, probably titles stripped.

These cunts, and united (who also were seemingly able to postpone games at will) have always, and will always, get away with murder. In liverpools case quite literally.

The dippers, the scum and the football authorities, including PGMOL, are disgusting and do what they want, when they want

Ha ha - our financial results being announced is boiling some piss on Rawk

I feel sorry for the fella that mentioned that he is a professional account ant would review the accounts properly and then posted this:

Not gone down well with the cult members.......
I bet he went into minute detail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.